1988 Comanche Pioneer

Last week I ended up buying my 2nd Comanche. I found the listing first on Facebook market place and then found the listing on here. It was just about exactly what I was looking for clean frame, very little rust for being in the rust belt, automatic, 97+ front end, interior swapped dash and 97+ with OBD2, Hellcreek 4.5 inch lift on 33s. Still needs some work to it but I'm just happy to have a Comanche again. Since I bought it last week I've replaced the idler pulley, changed the oil and done a few other basic maintenance things. Things I still need/plan to do are as follows 

1. Move the gas tank from the bed to under the bed

2. Get it running and driving 100% (has a slight rattle when idling could be a flexplate bolt)

3. New rear bumper 

4. 97+ manual doors 

5. New headliner  

6. Weld up the exhaust 

7. Notch customs fender flares

8. Cheap paint job 

9. Rust proof the underbody for the upcoming winter

10. Eventually get most of the JCR goodies like the Roof rack, Crusader bumper, Bed rack etc 

Have an appointment scheduled at the DMV this week to register it and once I figure out how ill mount up the gas tank it'll become my daily driver while my Wrangler gets retired to the weekend toy. can't wait to build it into my dream truck! 

comanche.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, TieDyeJK8 said:

comanche.jpg

Depending on your location and rust I would be willing to trade My mostly free bed and fenders with Notch flares already installed. I want stock, uncut with factory flares. I'm in North east PA but I just got my comanche from down south so its pretty clean. 

1 minute ago, Empty_Pockets said:

Depending on your location and rust I would be willing to trade My mostly free bed and fenders with Notch flares already installed. I want stock, uncut with factory flares. I'm in North east PA but I just got my comanche from down south so its pretty clean. 

I'm located in mid Michigan bed is in pretty good shape a little surface rust in a few spots couple small dents and a little rust bubbling over the rear fenders. I'll have to take a few photos and send them to you 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

got the comanche back the other day from getting a TJ gas tank installed. plan to take it in tomorrow to get the wheels swapped out. still needs the radio/speakers installed and I'm also thinking about throwing the topper from my old comanche onto this one for the winter. Snapchat-458473837.jpg.72a91d6285215da4f032fdbd84da15ff.jpg

This was my original "to do" list. Bold is what has been done so far. 

1. Move the gas tank from the bed to under the bed

2. Get it running and driving 100% (has a slight rattle when idling could be a flexplate bolt)

3. New rear bumper 

4. 97+ manual doors (need to be installed still) 

5. New headliner  (also needs to be installed still) 

6. Weld up the exhaust 

8. Cheap paint job (Rattle canned it) 

9. Rust proof the underbody for the upcoming winter

10. Eventually get most of the JCR goodies like the Roof rack, Crusader bumper, Bed rack etc 

just used some krylon spray paint to help protect the comanche for this upcoming winter. also painted my topper with the same paint. looks a lot better in person now since its mostly one color now! ill post some photos of the topper tomorrow. 

20211009_190854.jpg

20211009_190845.jpg

20211009_190836.jpg

• 2 weeks later...