HELP!! Did ground refreshing and now no start!

I started 1-5 of @crusier54 ground refreshing and now the b*tch won't start? WTH? :dunno:

I have no dip stick stud with grounds. Previous owner(s) moved them to the neg batt cable location. I removed and cleaned two round connectors and the neg batt cable and the stud. Put them back. I removed and cleaned the braided cable attached to the firewall, but not the end connected to the engine. I could not budge it. That's as far as I got.

Truck turns, catches and immediately dies. This is my DD, so I need help ASAP. Also found some mystery connectors. One of them a Ford?!

I guess should have left it alone. No good deed goes unpunished. :brickwall:

54connections-before-after.jpg

54connections.jpg

54connections-booster.jpg

54connections-Ford.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

Prior to the ground refreshing, I was having an issue with the engine turning over and over and over without starting. I unplugged and replugged the CPS and all was good for the past week. After the refreshing (Friday 6/25) is when things got worse. CPS trick worked again. It sat for three days, tried to start today and no-go. So, I tried the CPS trick again and it worked. Runs good, drives good. Just tried another start and it started after sitting for several hours. However, there is a strong fuel smell, but I don't see any leaks and nothing on the ground.

I know I need a new CPS, but there is something else going on. I think.

30 minutes ago, NC Tom said:

However, there is a strong fuel smell, but I don't see any leaks and nothing on the ground.

Possible fuel in the hose between the engine manifold and the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) and/or leaky injector(s).

On 7/1/2021 at 8:37 AM, cruiser54 said:

Continue with the Tips. The C101 likely has resistance in it, lowering your CPS signal to the ECU. 

Sure. It's running now as long as I don't let her sit for too long. Then I have to do the ol' CPS unplug-n-replug. Ordering a new CPS today. Crusier54 can you verify that the grounds that I addressed at the top of this thread are all that are usually connected to the dipstick stud? I your notes, you mention quite a few components being attached there. I only had two connectors.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 7:14 PM, cruiser54 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it does. 

How many other Tips have you completed? 

Just some of the ground refreshing. I'm slow to get to it.

1 minute ago, cruiser54 said:

To put it bluntly:

You need to concentrate on completing the Tips instead of pounding the keyboard. 

Actually, I rarely "pound the keyboard". :L:But, right now I need to address the braking issue.