Gear recommendations

Long story short:

LWB MJ. 4.0 HO, AW4, 4.5" lift, D30, 8.8 (going in), 32s. 

I'm trying to decide between 4.10s and 4.56s. Don't plan on doing much interstate driving. 4.10s would be a close equivalent to stock ratio, (27" and 3.55) 

How much will I regret it if I go with 4.10s over 4 56s? My main goal is to be able to drive 55-60 in 4th with the TCC locked at a reasonable RPM. 

I know 4.56s would make it more fun around town, which is mostly where I drive. 

Planning on going with Revolution gears unless someone has better suggestions. Yukon is just $$$

Thoughts?

4.10s and 32s are nearly identical in the RPMs/speed as stock tires and 3.55s, as you've already pointed out. Just me, but even if you're only on the interstate occasionally, 4.56s are turning a lot more RPMs and I'd think fuel mileage will take a decent hit.  If you're not wheeling it hard and don't think you'll go up in tire size later, 4.10s seem to be the match. But as always, personal preference.........:L:  

12 hours ago, WahooSteeler said:

4.56s are turning a lot more RPMs and I'd think fuel mileage will take a decent hit. 

the equations for mpgs is more complicated than just rpms.  it'll be ok. :L:   heck, the stock 2.5L/auto came with 4.56s on those tiny tires. :D  

16 hours ago, Pete M said:

the equations for mpgs is more complicated than just rpms.  it'll be ok. :L:   heck, the stock 2.5L/auto came with 4.56s on those tiny tires. :D  

Agreed, surprisingly I’ve actually gained MPG’s going with 4.56 over 4.10 on 33’s. The 4.0 torque is down low but a little higher rpm seems to get it to peak efficiency at cruising speed (which I haven’t seen in a long time here in island lol) 

3 minutes ago, scguy said:

I did end up going with the 4.56 gears. Got all the tools and parts on the way or here, so here I go in the slowest way possible.

:L: The trick with gears is just to think in 3d. Think about adjustments on all 3 axis then just add the necessary preload.