I've been working a lot lately so this project has been slow going and will not be done for a while but at least I'm working on it.
A few weeks back I started with drilling out all the spot welds. I picked up a set of Blair spot weld cutters and they worked really well. In a lot of instances, too well. I ended up punching all the way through in a few spots but it's to be expected, at least until I got the hang of it since this cutter was much more aggressive than others I've had.
Tonight I was able to finish the last few spot welds, remove the door (necessary in order to gain more access to the outer rocker) and remove the outer rocker. Tomorrow if I have time I will fit the new rocker.
Once I am able to get the rocker fitted, I will fill in those holes near the B pillar that I punched out unnecessarily since I had originally intended on removing much more of the rocker but found it to be too much of a PITA and the benefit wouldn't have been worth it since the metal wasn't rusted.
Also, I'm going to clean up the inner rocker a bit and coat it with something. Not sure what. Probably won't go too overboard since it really isn't that bad to begin with.
The floor will be a whole different animal. Looks like it's gonna be a giant pain in the a$$ but before I weld the new outer rocker in place I will get the floor fitted just in case it needs to be removed for any reason.
After this side is done, I'll throw some primer on it and go to the other side. There isn't really much body work to be done besides this so as soon as both rockers and floors are done, I'll finish pulling the drivetrain and swapping in the new one (2.5 to 4.0).