• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so how hard has it been to finagle the v8 in there? , reasion I'm curious is

i might be picking up an 88 cheby 4x4 and was thinkn bout swapn

everything over but I'm so lacking on time these days i just don't know,

just lookn for a little more input thanx

Few years back a friend of mine up a small block in his XJ. He used the advanced adaptor mounts also. It went right in everything was pretty easy except for the exhaust. Had to find the right combo of manifolds and had a local shop build the y pipe. The XJ was a blast four wheel after that. Way more power than was needed for the truck. It crapped out the first dana 35 in half hour.

• 2 weeks later...

pong wrote

I can do you one better. I can sell you the smurf You are only a 2 hour ride from where I am at I will see what I can do for finding a pic for you though

Thanks if i bought another Jeep it would be a wrangler :brows:i already have 2 XJ 1 MJ so i just drop another I6 in the 89XJ and be good with that BTW what up with the Lift setup you have. thanks jamminz.gif

Did you already ceramic coat your custom headers? Did you get them jet-hot coated or did you paint them yourself? They look good.

Curious because some of the powder coating supply houses have ceramic paint, the same basic stuff jet hot uses, and can be buffed to a shine.