got the 400 in now its exaust issues pics soon

if anyone thats done this i used the advanced adapters mounts and haveing a hard time makeing headers or manifolds wor on the passenger side all the manifolds i found the boly for a manifold is offset on the # 8 hole any help cool

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to Comanche Club Image Hosting and sign up, (its free) then its gonna have upload pics, and upload them from the fiel on the compy

then after they load up, under or beside the pic it'll say IMG code... click in that box and copy paste the code it has into your message where you want the pic to be.

hit preview if you wanna see if its workin :cheers: :cheers:

can't wait to see em[/url]

I've stuffed a few SBC's in small vehicles and run into the same problems. When you use the side motor mounts, there's not much room for exhaust. Looking at your intake I'd say you have your heart set on headers too. One-tube-at-a-time ultra custom or old school Tri-Y if no one makes something for that swap. Try going to a informal hot rod show or Friday Drive-in night. Those old guys like to tell you how they solved their problems. Headers for a '62 - '65 Nova with a small block are tucked real tight at the back 2 cylinders. The oil pan for that vehicle might solve some problems too.

how many ponies will this thing have and are considering stiffing and strengthing ares that may require it :hmm: if it is necessary. I have heard of the v10 in the TJ from the viper. And some one here is dropping a GC 4.7l don't know how much progress has been made.

I used the advance adapters headers except mine are plated and I got them at Summit Racing because they had them instock and are near me. I also used the AA motor mounts. I had 3 bolt flanges added to my headers welded on. At fist I tried cheap block huging headers but they did not fit. The steering shaft is too close to the engine. I saw Novak makes a special header to fit the tight space. They have a picture on there web site. I need to add the pictures to my project truck page:

http://hometown.aol.com/husky410ohio/my ... /auto.html

For headers, I think you'd be far ahead if you build your own. I was watching musclecar (or something) and they did it by buying the flanges and a box full o tubing that was bnt 180*. They just cut it, tacked it, and once it all fit right took it out and welded it. Easy? No, not really. But then you could make them to build power how you want.