I'm actually doing this exact swap right now, but you're farther than I am. What's your clearance like between the oil pan and the front axle beam? I've got a 350, and I might be interested in a set of headers, if you're making them.

Also, I saw on a previous page that someone was putting autometer gauges in a stock cluster. Looked really good. I'm doing something a little different with mine though, I got a piece of thin wood panel from the lumber yard, and I'm going to mount them in there. Reason being because I want a speedometer that goes higher than 85 (Autometer is 160) and I want a tach, next to it, not the kind with the monster light on it. I'll post pics and details in the next few weeks when I get time to start my own thread.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

headers wise it gonna be a while I'm gonna get it running first and when i pull the motor again thats when I'm gonna make em as for clearence if u got a 2 x 4 like mine its like 6 or so inches but the passenger side upper control arm comes close to the motor mounts u can relocate the mount whichim gonna do fr the arm but if its a 4x4 id suggest lifting it if not gonna need to lower the bump stops ive got the truck on stands right now so I'm kinda guessing the pan clearence by memory

if id do it again id do that i don't like how tthese r off set mounts and if u center them up right and rais it up a little shouldnt b a prob either way and u could use typical block huggers centerdump cause those bbarely wouldnt fit on mine cause of the passenger side is so close

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
it might b a while been kinda cold and the machine shop didnt put a oil galley plug in so i gotta yank the drivers side head how much did that cable set u back

That's a bummer. I don't know the price of the cable, I have a buddy that uses them and they are sweet.

I would like to see a pic when you have your plug wires on. I just got my Lokar throttle cable on and my home made bead lok wheels together. here the pics:

throttlecable.jpg

beadlock.jpg

hey sorry for the thread jack. but, with home made beadlocks, do the rims have to be balanced out or something? I'd figure the welds could add a weight issue. unless of course you're not worried about it cause the truck isn't going to be daily driven...?

This the link for the cable. It was $67.39

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

The bead locks are not balanced. I have other set of wheels to run on the street. I read the home made bead locks are not street legal. You need to check the bolts too after driving they can come loose. I got grade 8 bolts 32/wheel with a nylon patch on them I ordered from McMaster Carr so I hope they stay tight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...