https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/aurora-jeep-comanche-pioneer-150k/7205918184.html

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/aurora-jeep-comanche-pioneer-150k/7205918184.html

I was on my way to look at this very MJ about 4 or 5 weeks ago at the advertised price of $5500 when I got the text that it had been sold.  Saw it again a couple of miles away and went to look at it.  Being there first I could have had it for $7k and I declined primarily because it was a short bed, the price seemed at the upper end of value and it was going to need a fair bit of work.  Bit of a hatchet job on the floor to column shift.  But still a doable price??  Now it's on the market for $ll,650.

Sounds like the same guy that sold me mine.  Said it was driven by his father-in-law.  Looks like the same house even.  Says he was a professional Soccer player from Nigeria.  My truck was sold to him by U-pull & Pay, (once I got the title).  The house does belong to his father-in-law however.  He lives in central Denver.

20 minutes ago, kook911 said:

Are these trucks really going for this kind of money?  If so I’ll sell mine 

Typically no, however some have sold that high.  Just have to find the right (crazy) buyer.

It's unlikely he'll get that much for it.  A lot of people ask for a lot more than they can get for things.

It will be interesting watching the price come down.  It will all depend on how patient he is.

He's just a handful of miles from me and I have thought about going to look at it.

I've seen several listed in that price range over the past few years.  Then relisted a few times before vanishing.   

Of those several, few have sold for the ask and fewer still are worth it.  More often than not they're flipping, or

a dealership who can afford to sit on them.  There are also those people who are riding the Gladiator wave hoping

to hook a nostalgic Jeeper with deep pockets.    

This guy is definitely a flipper and not an honest broker.  I know because I purchased mine from him.  Mine was also gently used by his father in law except the title said he purchased it from U P&P.  I've also driven this MJ just a couple of weeks ago as I am in the market for an auto with AC.  It's in very decent shape though I didn't take the time to verify a lot of what's been ascribed to as positives.  I have to say I like the 3.55 and AW4 combo. :L:  I could have had it for $6800 from the previous flipper who purchased it for $5500.  He was a nice kid.  Said he changed his mind from doing a 4x4 conversion.  Like I said I was on my way to look at it for the $5500 when I got the text that it sold.  I would have bought it for $5500, short bed and all. in spite of having to play catch up or redo in terms of the good deal of work I've done on the one I currently own.

He will keep lowering the price hoping to make as much profit as possible.  The time line will depend on whether he has transferred the title or not.  I expect he has, however at a much lowered price point.  I don't necessarily begrudge flipping, everyone has to make a living.  I do however find the blatant and misleading dishonesty personally very irritating. 

• 7 months later...

I'm guessing that's his wife.  He told me he used to be a professional soccer player in Nigeria before he was injured.  Gently used by his father-in-law means F-I-L probably drove it once around the culdesac where said father in law lives.  Seller lives in central Denver.  Amazing that the official carfax mileage is the same as the odometer reading on the 2001 instrument cluster.  Nothing this guy says is believable.