SWB Roll Bar

Muncher

Not sure if this question would go on this forum or not but how much would a swb roll bar sell for? might sell mine eventually but I'm not sure. I love the thing but hate the fact that i can't have a full sized tool box or a topper on the truck. 

13 hours ago, Muncher said:

Not sure if this question would go on this forum or not but how much would a swb roll bar sell for? might sell mine eventually but I'm not sure. I love the thing but hate the fact that i can't have a full sized tool box or a topper on the truck. 

Have you considered mounting a tool chest between the uprights?   This style of box would still allow you to run a topper someday since it doesn't sit on the bed rails.

lund_storageboxes_2019ram1500_silver_944

That's what I did. It's not a great photo, but you can see the box:

2 hours ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Have you considered mounting a tool chest between the uprights?   This style of box would still allow you to run a topper someday since it doesn't sit on the bed rails.

mjbox.jpg

37 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

It seems like SWB bars are easier(and probably were a more popular option) to find than a LWB bar. 

I have no clue as to what was more popular at the time, but you could very well be right. It was difficult to find one in my area, I had searched about 8 months and the one I ended up with was the only one less than a 6 hour drive for an affordable price for me.

The factory ones are getting rarer and rarer. There's always a chance you stumble across one on a part out or you buy an entire MJ just for the bar (restore the rest or part it out)!

1 minute ago, Jtslick89 said:

The factory ones are getting rarer and rarer. There's always a chance you stumble across one on a part out or you buy an entire MJ just for the bar (restore the rest or part it out)!

I often like to think that theres someone other than the few we know who are hoarding parts out there or a big warehouse owned by someone with a lot of Jeep parts in there.

4 hours ago, Jtslick89 said:

I have no clue as to what was more popular at the time, but you could very well be right. It was difficult to find one in my area, I had searched about 8 months and the one I ended up with was the only one less than a 6 hour drive for an affordable price for me.

That's what I did.   I bought a rough '88 Eliminator that was almost identical to mine.   I removed the sports bar and the brackets, a perfect pair of seats, the original Eliminator wheels and a period correct JVC radio.  it also came with a never used factory tonneau with all of the mounting hardware in the original bag with the instructions.   I sold it with suitable seats, wheels and radio replacements and made $200.   The guy was happy as hell to get it.  

I have a second SWB sports bar that I got for $250 CDN.   It's rough but I can weld in a short section of tube or a patch at the base of the hoop on one side to restore it.   It's otherwise good but I don't have the brackets for it.   I'm sure the price would double with a bit of work.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:53 PM, strictlyxjs said:

don't listen to these guys Caden its not worth anything.... if you want bring it by the shop saturday and ill dispose of it for you.:D

oh alright ill mount it to the top of my moms yukon and hall it up there asap :laugh: