stamped VIN on the frame

In Europe I need the complete VIN stamped on the frame.

So if there is no stamped VIN from stock the registration office has to stamp it by their own which produces more costs.

That's why I wanted to know if Jeep already stamped this complete VIN in the frame.

1 minute ago, Limeyjeeper said:

Because car theft in Europe is an institution!! They might have stamped the full VIN for Euro approval.

I don't know much about Europe's automotive registration but this is an 80's truck we are talking about. Our across the pond members have had issues registering because of tail lights but back then the MJ tail lights didn't require the amber turn signal over there like they require it now. Just blame the U.S. for the red tail lamps.

Just pay the extra to have them stamp the frame!   I would bet that you will probably find that there will be some other "fees" they will want to tack on.                                                              Worrying about it will make you an old man (like me)

You might also contact the consulate of the country where you would like to tag it.

Edited by OldManComanche

Keep in mind we’re talking about a truck that was built in the 80’s that really never conformed to any of Europe’s automotive standards. Try searching for a possible location on an XJ frame as those sold very well in Europe and can give you a general idea if AMC and Chrysler did stamp the full VIN on our trucks.