Street Comanche #7

Gjeep

23 hours ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

There is no duplicating any of these body pieces . I may possibly sell the rear bumper portion in the future and the rest will be installed on one of my trucks . 

Sorry but there aboslutely ARE ways to duplicate the body kit perfectly. I have access to 3d scanning and reverse engineering technology. I can scan it. Put it into CAD and then have it 3d printed. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

. I may possibly sell the rear bumper portion in the future and the rest will be installed on one of my trucks . 

Good to know someone is hoarding the street comanche kits putting it on NON street comanche trucks. When there are real street comanches that need the parts to become complete pieces of history again. Nice....... 

2 minutes ago, ogjeep said:

Good to know someone is hoarding the street comanche kits putting it on NON street comanche trucks. When there are real street comanches that need the parts to become complete pieces of history again. Nice....... 

I had NOTHING to do with someone putting the S/C in the junkyard in California where I got the parts from . I can put these parts on whatever truck I want , I spent MY money on them . I offered my rear bumper up if I choose not to use it , but I guess that isn't good enough for you . 

Just now, ogjeep said:

Sorry but there aboslutely ARE ways to duplicate the body kit perfectly. I have access to 3d scanning and reverse engineering technology. I can scan it. Put it into CAD and then have it 3d printed. 

I'm currently working out making fiberglass or carbon fiber versions of the front airdam, which would obviously be possible however I'm concerned with the lack of flexibility.  I looked at using 2 part urethanes and also vacuforming but they wouldn't be cost effective at all unless there were a lot of parts sold to offset the cost.  If you could economically recreate them with some form of flexible plastic that would be awesome.

I wonder though, what I've seen from 3D printing is the layering causes weakness.  I've never seen a flexible material 3D printed though so I suppose that could be a different story.  Do you have a big enough printer to do the large pieces in one shot or will you have the make them multiple parts?  I'm very interested in what you can do with this.  

1 minute ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

I had NOTHING to do with someone putting the S/C in the junkyard in California where I got the parts from . I can put these parts on whatever truck I want , I spent MY money on them . I offered my rear bumper up if I choose not to use it , but I guess that isn't good enough for you . 

I would be happy to have the rear bumper. I am just saying, I can accurately and safely duplicate the body kit if you or someone helps out. I literally just need the rear pieces the rest i have on my truck and can scan them on my own. 

6 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I'm currently working out making fiberglass or carbon fiber versions of the front airdam, which would obviously be possible however I'm concerned with the lack of flexibility.  I looked at using 2 part urethanes and also vacuforming but they wouldn't be cost effective at all unless there were a lot of parts sold to offset the cost.  If you could economically recreate them with some form of flexible plastic that would be awesome.

I wonder though, what I've seen from 3D printing is the layering causes weakness.  I've never seen a flexible material 3D printed though so I suppose that could be a different story.  Do you have a big enough printer to do the large pieces in one shot or will you have the make them multiple parts?  I'm very interested in what you can do with this.  

I would be outsourcing the printing. But there are mutliple methods to produce it other than 3d printing once the CAD file is complete . 3d printing would be great for the first prototype. Then i can make molds and do other things. 

1 hour ago, ogjeep said:

I have S/C grille myself it doesn't mean I'm hoarder it just bec I save and planning use them on my lowering MJ in project right now. :L: and good luck on finding rear bumper and grille to complete ur Street MJ!

On 6/22/2019 at 4:18 PM, JPEX05 said:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I thought I would provide an update on this. 

This truck is now sitting in the Rancho Cordova, CA Pick N Pull.

https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/1JTMW6416HT067314

20190622_100312.jpg

20190622_100300.jpg

20190622_100249.jpg

20190622_130722.jpg

If anyone is close enough to pull a few things for me, I will make it worth your while. Easy stuff to pull.  Honey interior parts

Mini-console 

Cover for steering column.

Visors and clips

B pillar trim

Manual window handles with washers

7 hours ago, Manche757 said:

If anyone is close enough to pull a few things for me, I will make it worth your while. Easy stuff to pull.  Honey interior parts

Mini-console 

Cover for steering column.

Visors and clips

B pillar trim

Manual window handles with washers

you might want to start a new thread about that. :L: 

That truck in Rancho is not a Street Comanche. Someone

took the bodywork off a SC and put it on their 87. If you can

get your hands on that trim you can make a profit, regardless

of what the JY charges (assuming they don't know.)

5 hours ago, Manche757 said:

Pick & Pull said this trick was stripped and scrapped on Aug 3.

It was stripped almost immediately when it hit the yard.  All the street MJ parts went to members here.

• 1 year later...