The MJ got a “little” sister

AeroNautical

I feel like I’m going to get flack for this, but I pulled the trigger on a new truck. I’d like to write a post about my thoughts on it, I’m actually very impressed with the truck. But a couple pictures will do for now. Gotta say, the MJ looks so much better, haha

F077262F-9641-46DB-A442-990F3408388F.jpeg

06DE0934-B715-4A5F-9C7E-58DCA9A069B9.jpeg

9D688293-6D82-4959-85CE-2BFD84A9D0C8.jpeg

6 hours ago, PFCLeist said:

I feel like I’m going to get flack for this, but I pulled the trigger on a new truck. I’d like to write a post about my thoughts on it, I’m actually very impressed with the truck. But a couple pictures will do for now. Gotta say, the MJ looks so much better, haha

F077262F-9641-46DB-A442-990F3408388F.jpeg

So where's the new truck? All I see is a gussied up Wrangler.

Thanks, I ran the VIN, and even though it's a rubicon (less payload and tow) it's still rated for 7422lbs tow and 1300 payload. Not great on payload, the max tow allows 1700, but I assume it's because of the softer coils and fox shocks. I've towed 3200lbs with it on a damn near 30 degree incline at 60mph and it didn't skip a beat the whole way. Like I said, I'll write an abbreviated, yet interesting review in the near future. Anyone can look on youtube and get a generic review, I intend to take pictures of the axles, armor, actually have some numbers for you guys to compare. Despite popular belief, this is not a wrangler with a bed. It just shares part of the body tub. Honestly, it seems closer to a Ram. 

Looks awesome! As Kickin'Chicken said, as long as you like it, that's all that matters!

I like them well enough and have considered trading in the JKU for one. Probably won't, since I'd probably go with a Tacoma if I wanted to swap the Wrangler for a truck, but I'm definitely not a hater.

Most of the Gladiator hate I see is either jealousy or contrarianism. Both are stupid.

Enjoy it my man! :beerchug:

• 3 weeks later...

"Put the wrangler on a 1500 frame" vs a cheap but well thought out uniframe design.

What I don't get is why the JT has rear half doors when it has a full cab. I understand why, better to use an existing door than to make a new full door but then it just takes away the "uniqueness" the JT has.

5 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

What I don't get is why the JT has rear half doors when it has a full cab. I understand why, better to use an existing door than to make a new full door but then it just takes away the "uniqueness" the JT has.

money.  saves some cash while unlikely to alienate any purchases.  :dunno:

• 5 weeks later...