Short bed rigid Tono covers

I reached out to SnugTop via email Tuesday of this week. I wasn't able to reach anyone live possibly due to Covid-craziness. My ask was if they could produce 2 identical shortbed hard fiberglass tonneau covers for the MJ. Also for a shortbed camper shell. No idea on the price they'd charge or what you would be interested in paying for one. I believe Hornbrod reached out to them about 10 years ago to produce a brand new shell and they did. Not sure of what it cost... 

When I get in touch with them on both the tonneau and the shell possibility/ cost I'll post back on CC. If anyone else has interest, let me know. Thanks

1 hour ago, Gjeep said:

I reached out to SnugTop via email Tuesday of this week. I wasn't able to reach anyone live possibly due to Covid-craziness. My ask was if they could produce 2 identical shortbed hard fiberglass tonneau covers for the MJ. Also for a shortbed camper shell. No idea on the price they'd charge or what you would be interested in paying for one. I believe Hornbrod reached out to them about 10 years ago to produce a brand new shell and they did. Not sure of what it cost... 

When I get in touch with them on both the tonneau and the shell possibility/ cost I'll post back on CC. If anyone else has interest, let me know. Thanks

I may be interested in a camper shell, depending on price. 

I'd be honored to hear back from you.  I've been trying to locate a paintable hard cover, seems like forever.  I just am not ready to accept there is none that will fit.

Thank you!

Edited by FJL
Grammer and spelling edits.

What I seek is a paintable hard fiberglass lift bed cover for my '89 Comanche.  One company shows a vinyl foldable three piece item at a very reasonable price but it's not what I seek.

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, FJL said:

Thank you!  I've tried to contact this company seeking a flat lift cover for my short bed Comanche and await a response.  

No problem! I hope something works out for you. I'm grateful the previous owner purchased this; it sure protected the bed well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 11:07 AM, thecodemonk said:

I don't know of any MJ specific fiberglass hard covers.  I think the only place I know of making a non soft cover is a roll top in Comanche Dawn's build thread.  I think the company was Truck Covers USA

You are correct!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 12:07 PM, thecodemonk said:

I don't know of any MJ specific fiberglass hard covers.  I think the only place I know of making a non soft cover is a roll top in Comanche Dawn's build thread.  I think the company was Truck Covers USA

I tried searching Comanche Dawn and not getting any hits.

I'd love to see what that looks like. Model# mentioned?

15 hours ago, TheJeepNut said:

I tried searching Comanche Dawn and not getting any hits.

I'd love to see what that looks like. Model# mentioned?

I too wish I could see one with a hard painted bed cover.

You have certainly given me hope in finding what I have been seeking.  Now that I know a mid nineties S10 cover appears to fit I can search that model from the different manufactures.

Thank you so much!

On 6/5/2020 at 6:56 PM, 89 MJ said:

I may be interested in a camper shell, depending on price. 

Another member just sent me pictures of a hard cover seeker who use one for a mid 90's Chevy S10.  Looks promising.

6 minutes ago, FJL said:

Hey Bo,   Next thing I would like to do is add AC to my vehicle.  Any suggestions?

Shelby, I'm sorry I referred you as Bo.  My mistake not using this format that often.  By the way the computer rendering of the MJ is remarkable!

FJ