1953 willys delivery wagon

This is a 53 wagon my dad and I picked up last year to restore and get back on the road. We bought it from a older gentleman that we know in the willys overland jeepster club that my dad is in ( we have 3 jeepsters). 
    This wagon was crashed in the 70’s some time from what we were told. And has been barn kept the whole time.
     With a gas tank bye pass and a fresh battery we started it and drove it on the trailer. 
     We have a body shop lined up to pull on the A-pillar before we cut the roof and A-pillar off. We have another wagon for a parts car. We are going to try and save as much as the original paint as we can. To bad it was wrecked because it’s 90% rust free

EF0408CE-FE20-4430-AF50-DDDD8AD5778A.jpeg

A3A73B6F-349E-4C46-9F1A-3A113E9E703C.jpeg

7F877F97-D586-48B3-B8E4-A44C440172C1.jpeg

It is amazing how nice it is, it has the original rubber willys stamped front rubber floor mat and still has repair orders hanging in the back.  There are new tubes for radio’s and t.v. In the bottom glove box under the seats in the front. 

That's a great find. It will be interesting to see how you put it back together. Curiosity about the size of the engine lead me to check online.  A quick check did not reveal that but the floor is available from Morris 4x4 if needed.

https://www.morris4x4center.com/floor-panel-asmbly-front-671019-m38.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwuu_qLvU6AIViZ6fCh0tmwQrEAYYASABEgLsbfD_BwE

• 3 months later...
On 7/19/2020 at 3:11 AM, Manche757 said:

How is the Willy looking?

Still waiting to get into body shop to get pulled. The body shop has not had the time to get it in ( it’s a favor job). Funny though you should ask because we were just talking to the guy last week. Shooting for a couple weeks on a Saturday  hopefully. Will post some pictures when it gets pulled.

I quite enjoy history and stuff like this tickles my fancy.  I did some digging and emailed the Brant/Farnham historical society to ask about the Walker Appliance store.  Sounds like the Walker family was very involved with the village of Farnham.  She sent some pictures of one of the Walker buildings as well as some information that are in the PDFs below.  I copy pasted the info below from Patty at the historical society, if you are at all interested in the history side, PM me and I can forward on the email to you Chad R.

Unfortunately - the building is not there today.

However, the land has been put to good use -
It has been replaced by a Park and Veteran's monument enjoyed by the
Village of Farnham residents and the local community.
(The site of the annual Farnham Community Days Celebrations (not sure
about this year though with the virus situation).

The Walker Family has roots that extend far back into our history.
They owned a store on Railroad Avenue (that building still stands)and
once owned another store across the road from the photo I sent to you
yesterday.  (Not there any longer.)
Some members of the Walker family were postmasters for quite a few years
too.

John C. Walker (Probably the last owner of the Walker Willy's wagon?)was
historian an assessor for the town of Brant and also I believe Mayor of
Farnham for a time.   I would have to reread some notes to catch up on
and relay further, my history of this family.

WBS.A.pdf WBS.pdf

John c walker was the owner of the wagon. He was also on the fire department, there is a blue light on the front of the wagon. We also found a card in the wagon to make it legal for him to have the blue light.

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 9:49 AM, 89 MJ said:

Any updates? Has the a-pillar been pulled yet?

Not yet. We have been crazy busy at work and our friend that has the body shop has been slammed also. Hopefully it’s a bad winter in southwest Michigan so we both can slow down and get started on it.

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2021 at 7:09 PM, Manche757 said:

What's happening with the Willy?

We are going to body shop next Saturday to get pulled. Will get pictures up hopefully next Saturday night if everything falls into place

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2021 at 8:41 PM, Chad R said:

We are going to body shop next Saturday to get pulled. Will get pictures up hopefully next Saturday night if everything falls into place

Did you make any progress untangling your Willys?