Catalytic converter stolen

Sly_Jeeper

Came out to the jeep to start it for work this morning and it sounded like i started a hot rod.. looked under clean cut out my catalytic converter... damn these thieves man.. y’all be safe jeepers club your steering wheels and kill switch your rides

37e289d026f9440b0bf5bb3cb7f503c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was happening in our parking lot at work in Hercules, California (pretty large campus). Luckily they got surveillance footage of the truck and were able to apprehend them when they came back to try it again a couple of weeks later. A$$HOLES!!!

I'm kind of surprised there is not a laser marked barcode on the factory ones. Then they could just scan them at recyclers. When I lived out in Tulsa, in the mid 80's, some suggested to have the glass serial numbered, and that would cut down on car theft. Or at least make your ride less profitable. One of my friends has had her cats stolen 2-3 times. I think 1K-2K each time. They have to replace the pipes before and after. They did catch a cat thief a few months back.

They cut mine and they get a hollowed out core lol.  I owned a salvage yard for 15 years, they take spells where certain ones are really high.  Metals are low right now, but people need money - theft is going to get worse.  When they got really high, they cut every cat off at a dealer in Louisville including the ones on their new rollback!!  The crafty guys use airbag jacks to raise the cars up and cordless sawzalls.  Around here in KY there are a lot of foreigners (mainly Bosnian) buying/selling scrap.  Most are good guys, some are not...