Finally, switch trim covers!

Please indicate which model you would be interested in (you can choose more than one)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Models to choose from

• Fog lamp/Cargo light
    • Transmission/Sport Bar Lights
    • Sport bar light only
    • Fog light only
    • Custom (please indicate in post)

On 3/17/2020 at 8:09 AM, Original 87 said:

I would be interested in a dual sport bar one on the right side of the column. Possibly having the lights showing opposite directions to indicate front and rear facing lights on the sport bar. Your prototype looks very good nice work! Any idea of the cost? Didn't see that. Thanks.

Also interested in this.  

• 2 weeks later...

Only just saw this thread.

It would also be pretty cool to see switches that look OEM for things that aren’t, although I realize custom combinations for things that don’t already exist are a lot more work. I think I’d want to have a front and rear locker on right side, and then a fog and sport bar light on the left side. Some of us might also want to see fan switches, possibly other options as well. I personally can’t stand switches that don’t match the overall aesthetic of a dash, and it’s awesome to see someone reproducing OEM likenesses.

On 11/3/2020 at 3:41 PM, gogmorgo said:

Only just saw this thread.

It would also be pretty cool to see switches that look OEM for things that aren’t, although I realize custom combinations for things that don’t already exist are a lot more work. I think I’d want to have a front and rear locker on right side, and then a fog and sport bar light on the left side. Some of us might also want to see fan switches, possibly other options as well. I personally can’t stand switches that don’t match the overall aesthetic of a dash, and it’s awesome to see someone reproducing OEM likenesses.

yeah that’s not a problem but will have about a 1 week lead time and cost more unless there are multiple people that want the same version. There are plenty of options for sure. I also will be carrying the oem switches for a completely original look. The switches are new OEM and can be used for pretty much anything

Some tweaking left to do but wanted to send out an appetizer. The text needs to be slightly adjusted as do the pin points that locate the bezel. These are painstakingly time consuming lol. They have multiple layers but the end product is looking very good. 

7F2E9E2A-316D-4CEF-9334-06BF7F468A27.jpeg

More appetizers :popcorn:

This was my second to last prototype. Will post in vendor section soon. Depending on how many orders I receive, lead time may go up a bit. The glow through portion will be matched to stock 100%. I can provide just the bezel or also the bezel and new original switches and the bulb socket for illumination of your new “factory” options :D @Red Mistress. Also, please let me know y’all’s interest in hvac covers as well as the headlight and cigarette lighter bezels. They can all be made original or custom depending on interest.

Also just want to thank everyone for their support and patience. I’ve been meaning to get some products available for our MJs for some time now. Thanks CC!

704B1021-79EA-4EE7-8250-DE2756D34174.jpeg

5F629CE2-1AF8-483D-9E83-0D6F40CBD74B.jpeg

1260AE7B-E2ED-406C-85B9-DE54E083B2F5.jpeg

10 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I also will be carrying the oem style switches for a completely original look. The switches have the exact same design, trim and amber led’s. Can be used for pretty much anything

Do they work with factory plugs?

3 hours ago, derf said:

Do they work with factory plugs?

Yes they do and I’m also going to offer replacement plugs so you can add new plugs for your acccessories without hacking up anything. I’m starting with the fog/cargo and tranny/sport bar combos first this week. Doing one more prototype model to make some very fine adjustments with text and backlight color filtering. Here is what will be offered to start with:

1. Bezel cover (fog/cargo and tranny/sport bar eta this week)

2. Original switches 

3. New light sockets for the symbol illumination (plug and play with the stock switch housings)

4. New switch connectors (pending)

5. Refurbished switch housings on an as needed basis

Regarding the bezels: once I get this first batch finished I’ll move on to different and custom versions. If you want a one-off I can do that but if it’s just going to be one or two switch panels it will obviously be more costly. 

Regarding the replacement switches:

they are NOS!

Regarding the new light sockets:

These twist and lock right into the old switch housings and use the same 74 bulbs as the originals. I’ve tested LED’s and they also work fine but obviously will give a different color.

Regarding the switch housings: I’ve been sourcing used switch housings to refurbish and can send you a complete, ready to install panel if you prefer it that way. This can include switches, bezel, lighting and wiring as needed ready to swap right in. 

Will post last prototype this week and link the threads together. Will notify everyone and create a thread in the vendor section for orders. Let me know if you have any questions

• ghetdjc320 changed the title to Finally, switch trim covers!