Finally, switch trim covers!

Please indicate which model you would be interested in (you can choose more than one)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Models to choose from

• Fog lamp/Cargo light
    • Transmission/Sport Bar Lights
    • Sport bar light only
    • Fog light only
    • Custom (please indicate in post)

Hello all,

Just putting the finishing touches on the dash switch trim covers and am looking to see what versions everyone would be most interested in via poll. Just want to get an idea of how many of each to work on first. These are hand made, multi layered switch trim covers for the obsolete and hard to find factory options. Please see images below for examples of the switch layouts. These will be VERY similar to factory though I won’t say identical. Every effort has been made to reproduce the logos and text according to factory. Original models were vector traced and scanned to be as true to the original as possible. The logos will shine through just like factory and light dispersion and color will be very close to the original. Each cover is hand made in multiple layers (just my wife and I working in these) and take some time to produce. 

63CD60B9-F808-442F-9ED4-584BF1585E23.jpeg

A5BBAE90-94A2-4191-8546-971DC7D02C89.jpeg

I would be interested in a dual sport bar one on the right side of the column. Possibly having the lights showing opposite directions to indicate front and rear facing lights on the sport bar. Your prototype looks very good nice work! Any idea of the cost? Didn't see that. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Original 87 said:

I would be interested in a dual sport bar one on the right side of the column. Possibly having the lights showing opposite directions to indicate front and rear facing lights on the sport bar. Your prototype looks very good nice work! Any idea of the cost? Didn't see that. Thanks.

That would be a custom option but should be fairy straight forward. Pricing will depend on how many I can produce at once and that is why I started the poll. If you want to select “custom” I’ll keep track of that. One off versions will cost a bit more but are doable. I also plan on making the headlight switch cover since it is the same design as the other two switch panels. That way, if someone wants to update all their interior, you won’t have one switch cover that looks old or out of place. 

4 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

That would be custom since they didn’t come like that but is doable. If you can, select “custom” if that is what your looking for.

Already selected. :beerchug:

Here is the base material prototype for reference. The texture looks and feels as close to the original as any I could find. Literally went through hundreds of test pieces lol. The only difference I think there may be is the ultimate “sheen” or diffusion that these provide. I would recommend that they be installed in sets consisting of the headlight switch bezel, along with left and right dash switch bezels.

EA6CF770-E3D3-4BF6-8F9F-892705C502EF.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Warren Mohler said:

Here's a twist  without switches already this is what I have, four mount tabs to mount directly to bezel no white plastic box to screw to dash. Any variations like this? or am I off to the JY again

IMG_20200317_190523.jpg

IMG_20200317_190359.jpg

interesting setup. That wouldn’t be impossible to make but I probably won’t be making that version just yet. What year is that on? For reference, here is what the piece underneath should look like:

BEE83206-B7D1-4962-9220-11CFE4D8D2CA.jpeg

1 minute ago, Warren Mohler said:

Yep I have been leaving them lay since they already had cut outs for switches I don't need, but if solid blank faces are available I'll pick em up. passed up at least a dozen recently

yep, the options above that are fog light only/ sport bar only etc. will be blank on the other side and could be cutout if needed later 

We’ve had a slight delay from our vinyl cutters since they have been shut down for about a week and will be closed until April 14th at least. I’m looking into using another shop but would much prefer to work with them locally vs shipping some in

• ghetdjc320 changed the title to Finally, switch trim covers!