1991 Eliminator Resto-Mod

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, jdog said:

Yeah, sorry should have clarified the question better. What are you using for the bed liner?

It’s some stuff called Hippo Linner from dominion sure seal. I love this stuff. UV stable, great adhesion, no rubber crumb and a great finish. It’s tintable and is pretty much the same product as Monsta Liner. Takes 72hrs to fully cure.

Ok, so I just ordered the arb high output compressor which I’ll mount where the old air box was (running the thor cowl intake). Also got the transgo kit for the aw4 as well as a hilift extreme jack up mount just above the passenger wheel well in the bed (locked for sure). Also got some Russell ARB locker lines because those blue plastic lines don’t inspire any confidence.

On 3/9/2021 at 3:34 AM, ghetdjc320 said:

:holdwrench: 

It’s funny, it’s so easy to shop for parts and then I have a stack of stuff on my doorstep and I have an “oh crap” moment when I realize I have to install it all :laugh:

been there, done that.  many times with many projects.  :doh:

Stripped some parts from a 97 XJ today. Going to be relooking my wiring harness and cleaning UI the wiring a bit. Will integrate another relay box for accessories and get everything in tip top shape. Thought about pulling the header panel from that 97 since it was already off. May still do that but not sure.

Relooming and repairing all my wiring. Also replaced the sheet metal under the batter tray which was rusted out. I snagged a 97 xj pdc and will mount it side by side with the original pdc. Will run all my extra circuits through the new box. Also Por15’d all the sheet metal seams and pinch welds. Followed by a couple of brushed on coats of chasis paint.  

B364F581-5A7C-419D-9452-3E41FC9D5023.jpeg

To be honest I just made a profile on here to harass my buddies build thread but the more I look around the more I love this community. Beautiful build man, super tasty :popcorn:

Going to have Chris at christuned socket the obd1 ecu and reprogram the EPROM

Can you explain this? I have a 93 Wrangler and was under the impression Chrysler computers were locked or something like that and you couldn't do much in terms of tuning, on top of it being OBDI. What is the end result from this?

2 hours ago, MigglesYJ said:

To be honest I just made a profile on here to harass my buddies build thread but the more I look around the more I love this community. Beautiful build man, super tasty :popcorn:

Can you explain this? I have a 93 Wrangler and was under the impression Chrysler computers were locked or something like that and you couldn't do much in terms of tuning, on top of it being OBDI. What is the end result from this?

It’s an sbec2 ecu and can be socketed and chipped with an eprom. The stock eprom is encased in epoxy but can still be removed and replaced. It can be completely tuned just like any other aftermarket system once the ecu has been socketed. There are several that perform these services but Chris @christuned has lots of experience tuning the 4.0 based platform and is a great tuner. 

To create a new base map, a data logger is required like a zeitronics unit. AFR is needed for sure but the more sensory inputs the better. MAP, TPS, exhaust temp etc can all be used to fine tune the map. The stock ecu can also be programmed to handle boost. 

So... much... work...

This is my daily driver so I’ve got to get it back together soon. Drivers side wiring has all been repaired and connectors for sensors replaced. Header installed and intake manifold cleaned up. Arb harness integrated and sub power also worked into the harness. 

5CB8C066-4D42-4B64-8102-4E5B2EF3F9FC.jpeg

82DC97B6-CAB4-4813-B24B-C50E84109FBF.jpeg

92E87DD6-729F-4C59-8551-9537B39EE831.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fabed up a custom bracket for my arb compressor and finished integrating all the wiring. All my accessorie wiring is now integrated into my main harness and I completely re-pined the PDC to have all my fuses and relays completely factory. I used painless wiring power braid wire loom on absolutely everything along with self vulcanizing wrap and heat shrink. All splices are soldered and heat shrieked and all connectors are the waterproof kind. 

Really like this location for the compressor. Leaves room for my eventual PSC reservoir and I was able to get it installed cleanly along with the washer bottle (thanks to @eaglescout526)

D70CF0E5-D470-4D16-A985-8263EACD0B71.jpeg

56ADC583-6BC1-4A6F-BCFE-EAFB4E1803A5.jpeg

Installed NOS mud flaps in the rear. These were NOS XJ fronts. I made some simple brackets and they work excellent. Also installed the hilift extreme in the bed. Installing the nuts on those upper mounting plate bolts was crazy. 

D5E2DD24-7880-423C-9217-04802D309DB8.jpeg

16EDA574-0E70-4F80-8CDB-3CE7052D6319.jpeg

497640C5-7E36-4F7D-8A54-EAA5519E391C.jpeg

2B686BAE-F468-44E6-B8FB-48C1E16275EF.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just ordered up a fresh set of parts from Iron Man. Going to do their track bar system with cross brace with 1” drop (will also use the 1” drop pitman arm). Also got the steering box brace. Looking forward to the install probably near the end of next month when it all comes in. Picked up some NOS Mopar odds and ends also. Pics to come