• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, derf said:

I gotta say this.

Moving sucks.

That is all.

I told my wife, when we were in our last house, that the next move we made we were selling everything but the 3 cats and the clothes on our back, buying all new and have it all delivered to the new place.  Well....we ended up buying (building) a new house in the same subdivision we were living in about 1/2 mile away.  Ended up moving everything redneck style with friend's pickups/SUV's/trailers in about 300 trips back and forth.  Honestly would have been SO much easier to just rent a huge truck and pack/unpack it all in one trip.:doh:  The NEXT house, which is gonna be the buy-and-die house, I will implement my selling everything plan.

And I get the fun of helping one of my wife's friends move tomorrow (in 93 degree heat) from a 1-bedroom, second story apartment, to a 2-bedroom ground level apartment in the same complex about 15 doors down.  That's gonna bring the suck.

• 3 weeks later...

Crossed a threshold yesterday.  I got the garage organized well enough to put a vehicle in the "work stall".  The XJ is on the other side.

It's time to get the MJs out of storage and get them started.

IMG_20200712_175756.jpg

• 1 month later...