My turn to buy a house

derf

So the first big hurdle has cleared.  I've got my pre-approval lined up so I can start focusing on buying a house.

My group just got word that we may move over to the Denver Tech Center, which is 20 miles or so from where I work now (south end of Wadsworth in Littleton)

Since I may get moved back, I'm focusing my search between the two.  My only requirements are no HOA, a secure place to park a trailer and at least a 2 car garage.  The houses aren't cheap but there are a few options in Littleton and Englewood, but also one or two in Castle Rock.

The next couple of weeks will be an adventure, that's for sure.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I grew up in Englewood. It's a nice place, but you'll have trouble finding a neighbourhood without HOA. Prices are getting ridiculous too, but good luck :L:

As long as nothing horrible happens the values will keep rising, so buying is a great idea.

Id scratch Castle rock. Douglass county taxes suck, water is more and it has blown up and will keep growing. That development between Santa fe and roxburgh is going to bring 30k more people there. 

Englewood or Littleton are great. Englewood has come a long way and it's nice being pretty central to everything. When I used to live there I had to drive over by Centennial airport. Took belleview all the way and was about 20ish minutes for a commute.  I still miss that house. Loved that area.

:iagree:The Englewood area is great. Now, it could just be my childhood nostalgia, but it really was a nice place. If you can find a place and have the opportunity, go for it.

(Technically I was in Greenwood village but it's that weird stretch, basically Englewood :shhh:)

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

soooooooo.... do we get to see any pics of this place?  :brows:

It's a bungalow which is big enough for me.  And a 2 car garage out back.  I'll probably put a gate in the fence so I can store one of the project Comanches there along with a trailer.

This, of course, assumes the inspection and everything goes well.

item_2.jpg

item_26.jpg

The inspection went pretty well.  Nothing really huge but I'm going to follow up with an engineer looking at a few things in the foundation to get final write off.

We were looking at the garage and the guy across the alley opened up his garage about halfway.  I didn't get to talk to him but he had a garage full of truck, maybe Jeep parts in progress.  I think he and I will get along just fine. :D

On 2/14/2020 at 10:14 AM, derf said:

It's a bungalow which is big enough for me.  And a 2 car garage out back.  I'll probably put a gate in the fence so I can store one of the project Comanches there along with a trailer.

This, of course, assumes the inspection and everything goes well.

item_2.jpg

item_26.jpg

The house looks cozy, based on the pictures. :) 

Definitely.  I can foresee a number of wrench-a-thons in the future.  I haven't really even started on my project yet.  But it's getting a V8 swap and tons and will be running on 40's.  But it's still a stock 4cyl right now.  And I'm always down to lend a hand with anyone else's projects as well.

So... There is an issue with the foundation and the seller is refusing to have a structural engineer look at it.

He's a contractor so he probably knows it's going to cost him plenty to fix it.

It may be time to pull the eject handle on this one...