New Instrument cluster

Hey guys! I found a nice instrument cluster from a pick a part. But removing a piece a broke a small little pin that goes into the circuit board. Check pictures for details. Any help would be appreciated. Did I ruin it :/. Note- The piece with the yellow wheel

2C0F6DC5-D7DE-4C96-BF55-F0DC32FBDAB0.jpeg

66E5682F-6A45-4841-82D5-D7D59B8BCD7A.png

I'm not very knowledgeable about all the differences, but I pulled this out of an 89 Cherokee a few days ago. Just to compare the pictures. I pulled the whole cluster but all I really wanted was the volt meter.36539652918abd23aca88d8aec3cc2b5.jpgc3d6de735a587f5ff4a0ffaa9ef21c84.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thanks man, after reading up on these a little more. It seems that whats actually different is the odometer. Would you be willing to sell that part of yours. I damaged a small piece on mine. I worry it will be electronically unsound. 

12 minutes ago, tugboat95 said:

I'm not very knowledgeable about all the differences, but I pulled this out of an 89 Cherokee a few days ago. Just to compare the pictures. I pulled the whole cluster but all I really wanted was the volt meter.36539652918abd23aca88d8aec3cc2b5.jpgc3d6de735a587f5ff4a0ffaa9ef21c84.jpg

17 minutes ago, tugboat95 said:

That isn't an 89 cluster. It is a '91 cluster at the very oldest.

Here is a image of a instrument cluster from the 80s. note the blue plastic and different connection points. Its a shame I was excited to get a tac! 
1450013369_instromentcluster.jpg.3c5f95b8a52379d54e363217e86c44d8.jpg
Well I may have paid 20 bucks for something I can't use. Do you know if the volt meter leads will match up to the circuit card? I haven't taken mine off yet to see what the back looks like

I feel your pain man.....I got so excited today when I pulled out the cluster I forgot my damn screwdriver on the seat rushing to get home! I paid the same amount, put mine on ebay. Honestly from the looks of it. Its a very very different animal electrically 

Thanks man, after reading up on these a little more. It seems that whats actually different is the odometer. Would you be willing to sell that part of yours. I damaged a small piece on mine. I worry it will be electronically unsound. 

Sounds like I can't help you. And may have made a mistake as mine is an 89 model.

11 minutes ago, tugboat95 said:

Well I may have paid 20 bucks for something I can't use. Do you know if the volt meter leads will match up to the circuit card? I haven't taken mine off yet to see what the back looks like

yeah.....it seems they are completely different. 

jeep cluster.jpg

15 minutes ago, tugboat95 said:

I bought my truck this week too! well looks like we are learning the hard way!!! hahaha! 

1 hour ago, rylee144 said:

I have this one as an extra. Free to who ever it helps. It came from an 80s 2.5L MJ. I know very little about it or any but it may be helpful maybe not

Screenshot_20200129-213517_Gallery.jpg

extremely kind of you sir. I greatly appreciate it! This is actually the one in my Comanche currently ! I just can't get over not having a tachometer 

2 hours ago, rylee144 said:

I have this one as an extra. Free to who ever it helps. It came from an 80s 2.5L MJ. I know very little about it or any but it may be helpful maybe not

Screenshot_20200129-213517_Gallery.jpg

"80s" doesn't help too much. The "80s" XJs and MJs all had mechanical speedometers, but there were two different types, and each type had a completely different method of attaching the speedo cable to the speedo head in the cluster.

That cluster is from a base model with idiot lights instead of gauges. About the only thing anyone might want or need out of it is the speedoemter head, but without knowing which type of cable connection is has it's impossible to know what year vehicles it fits.

I've got two "blue" clusters if anyone is looking.  They are "3/4" clusters, with oil, volts, and temp gauges, but no tach.  One uses the plastic clip, one uses the metal clip.  Pretty sure the lower one is an 86 or older, as the temp gauge has a blue area at the "cool" end of the gauge that was only found on 86 and older.  Not sure on the other one.

IMG_6975.jpg

IMG_6976.jpg