What purpose does this part serve?

Please see photos.

The blue jacketed lines, that are on the top of the engine manifold, near the fuel pressure regulator are damaged, hell pinched off. The only thing left is that blue jacket material. Plus the rubber ends are badly deteriorated. 

Note: the brass fitting is me trying to check the pressure of what the regulator is producing, please disregard that.

20191228_150103.jpg

20191228_150056.jpg

20191228_145400.jpg

Them things are getting replaced. 

My fuel pressure regulator is pushing 30psi, with vacuum line attached. Without, 40psi. This means that the regulator is intact, correct?

Bleed off, but the pump is producing the necessary pressure. No replacement of the pump at this point.

Edited by RestoringNV
Changed content.

29 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

Dorman HELP! 46003 Jeep Vacuum Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000630DJ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_0S7bEbRHX1129

Dorman HELP! 46004 Jeep Vacuum Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000630DJO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7T7bEb4BAT646

These two pieces make that while vacuum harness. Most of it is egr valve related 

Wow, why wouldnt anyone not do that... that is stinking cheap for all of that!

I would like to say that this last episode of "Just WTH is wrong w/my Comanche" was all me figuring it out, but no, no it wasn't. With a large part of me texting my friend Michael J Dice and bouncing my problems off with an indispensable, Comanche Club Forums (CCF), we think that we have it narrowed down to, just plain failure of deteriorated vacuum soft parts. First I spoke to Mike, he suggested that I rent a Fuel Pressure Tester (I had to buy it). This afternoon, I tested it. Fuel pressure regulator (FPR) w/the primary vacuum line (PVL) attached was producing just over 30psi. <--- bad. Then Mike suggested that I remove the PVL. I did just that and 'just like magic' that pressure went up to 40psi. That solves that possibility. The FPR is working as it should. And the Fuel Pump was delivering the proper psi, too. That leaves the soft parts being deteriorated, in our mind. So, I will order the Dorman vacuum line kits from Amazon, to see if that is a successful fix. Dorman part numbers, provided by CCF: 46003 and 46004.

To recap: if it were not for the above aforementioned, I would of been lost... thanks a bunch, y'all!

20191227_211536.jpg

20191228_151908.jpg

20191228_150056.jpg

20191228_153435.jpg

On 12/28/2019 at 3:31 PM, JMO413 said:

Dorman HELP! 46003 Jeep Vacuum Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000630DJ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_0S7bEbRHX1129

Dorman HELP! 46004 Jeep Vacuum Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000630DJO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7T7bEb4BAT646

These two pieces make that while vacuum harness. Most of it is egr valve related 

Improved, no racing motor at start-up.

Post 1 of 2.

Nope. Still acting up. And it's not even warm outside. This lil truck is still chugging.

Temperatures, can cause a failing pump to send incorrect fuel pressures to the injectors. Warm fuel, due to heated gasoline returning to the fuel tank through its return line can build up, causing the weak pump to perform poorly.

RENIX VACUUM HARNESSES

Vac harness 7151367

The vacuum harness that attaches to the front of the valve cover and includes the grommet/fitting, and is called the front harness, is Napa part number BK 715-1367 or is a Dorman 46003.

Vac harness 7151366

The vacuum harness that is closest to the air cleaner, EGR etc, and is called the rear harness, is Napa part number BK 715-1366 or is a Dorman 46004.

Vac harness 7151365

The tube from the rear of the valve cover to the intake manifold is part number BK 715-1365 or Dorman 46005 and comes with the valve cover grommet.

The Throttle Body to MAP hose is no longer available. Click HERE to access a fix for that.

Vac Diagram 4.0 Renix

On 1/2/2020 at 7:59 AM, cruiser54 said:

RENIX VACUUM HARNESSES

Vac harness 7151367

The vacuum harness that attaches to the front of the valve cover and includes the grommet/fitting, and is called the front harness, is Napa part number BK 715-1367 or is a Dorman 46003.

Vac harness 7151366

The vacuum harness that is closest to the air cleaner, EGR etc, and is called the rear harness, is Napa part number BK 715-1366 or is a Dorman 46004.

Vac harness 7151365

The tube from the rear of the valve cover to the intake manifold is part number BK 715-1365 or Dorman 46005 and comes with the valve cover grommet.

The Throttle Body to MAP hose is no longer available. Click HERE to access a fix for that.

Vac Diagram 4.0 Renix

Yes, I need 46005 to complete this portion of this vacuum loom.

I want to piggyback on this thread slightly and say that I re-did my vacuum lines on my 89 4.0L 5spd (when I built my own cold air kit) and did not run any lines to the EGR solenoid.  Everything is blocked off and all other critical components have vacuum.  Seems to have absolutely NO adverse affects on how it runs.  Has anyone ever seen otherwise?  The biggest problem that I have seen is the vacuum lines get compromised, and it starts running poorly.  I eliminated that whole vacuum block at the front of the motor too.  It really simplified and cleaned up things nicely too.  Don't have pics, but will get some...

A.  

2 hours ago, Andy in Pa said:

I want to piggyback on this thread slightly and say that I re-did my vacuum lines on my 89 4.0L 5spd (when I built my own cold air kit) and did not run any lines to the EGR solenoid.  Everything is blocked off and all other critical components have vacuum.  Seems to have absolutely NO adverse affects on how it runs.  Has anyone ever seen otherwise?  The biggest problem that I have seen is the vacuum lines get compromised, and it starts running poorly.  I eliminated that whole vacuum block at the front of the motor too.  It really simplified and cleaned up things nicely too.  Don't have pics, but will get some...

A.  

Same here.  I did a complete EGR delete, removing EGR, solenoid, all other components and blocked off the intake/header and eliminated all associated vacuum lines.   Cleaned up the engine compartment a bit and I certainly expect no vacuum issues of this area of the engine.  Ever. 

Runs like a top.  

On 1/7/2020 at 2:32 PM, coolwind57 said:

Same here.  I did a complete EGR delete, removing EGR, solenoid, all other components and blocked off the intake/header and eliminated all associated vacuum lines.   Cleaned up the engine compartment a bit and I certainly expect no vacuum issues of this area of the engine.  Ever. 

Runs like a top.  

Yes, mine too, and this is the second MJ I have done it to.  Ok good I am glad I am not the only one.  This can be a "touchy" subject because it is only there to help emissions, but it sure does simplify the vacuum lines, and has no effect on performance.