Leaf Springs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a set of the regular 4/1 springs from them and they rode fine. Bushings were offset and caused rattling. Fixed that with an air hammer. Only ran them 2k miles then replaced with Rusty’s 4” springs. I wish there was an option for taller springs and still stay SUA. I carry approximately 800# of tools in the bed at all times and even with overloads maxed out, I’m sitting dead level with 5” lift up front.

My Hell Creek metric ton packs came with caty wampus bushings. I think it was from the Ups delivery guy. The bushings seemed to move easily. My next go will be with military wrapped General Springs since I wasn't at all impressed with the small xj main eye bushings Hell Creek uses instead of the larger factory oem mj type and the retarded offset centering pin putting the axle offset the wheel well. It's retarded and obnoxious. The logic behind that is bull. I'm not sure if the General Spring uses the oem style bushing either but from what I've seen they at least center up right.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, 1989commanche said:

How do you guys that have these military wrap springs like them so far? Am thinking about grabbing a set soon. My old springs are saggy and don’t take much weight. You put a 300 lb quad in the bed and it feels like it’s doing a wheelie. 

1E6E9225-4F36-4101-AB53-365D25A0AABA.jpeg

Yes, you'll solve that problem.

Mine should be here on Friday. Ordered them on 11/27, emailed them two days ago with no response. Called them today and coincidentally they were ready yesterday :dunce:. If you want to know their status call them, I could not get to installing them anyway so I waited until I could.

9 hours ago, 1989commanche said:

How do you guys that have these military wrap springs like them so far? Am thinking about grabbing a set soon. My old springs are saggy and don’t take much weight. You put a 300 lb quad in the bed and it feels like it’s doing a wheelie. 

1E6E9225-4F36-4101-AB53-365D25A0AABA.jpeg

Not even about 900LBs of lumber had my military wrapped ones dropping that low. I love them! 

IMG_20200103_125754.jpg

The bushings in mine came completely loose and started clunking. I got the 3/1 springs and they were very stiff. Paint looked like someone had poured it out of a bucket. Got them for $160/PR plus shipping though. Ended up giving them away and getting some good used springs for my SOA

• 4 weeks later...