Leaf Springs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the front I had to add 2” bump stops to keep the tires from eating the front fender. So if you lift high enough and bump stop appropriately you shouldn’t have too much of a problem. In the rear before I changed springs it needed 1-1 1/2” of bump stop to keep from bottoming out the rear. The rear did rub slightly off camber the tops of tires would kiss inner wheelwell. May be ok now. I need to go flex it out and see. Pics of JCR front bump extensions. And rub marks in wheelwell. 

40B75845-832C-45BF-A0DE-39A1A898CE56.jpeg

29A3525F-2C40-4932-B6B4-0478F670AFA8.jpeg

CCE1F3B2-6327-4A68-9F1B-A8EEAA8E9140.jpeg

23 minutes ago, coheed said:

Not trying to derail the thread. Does anyone have experience with the Hell Creek metric ton springs vs the General metric tons?

Do you want quality and value?

Get the GS MW springs. I have no complaints, I've not read one complaint. Man here just installed a pair and he seems happy happy. 

Be happy. 

Edit: and no, I don't care what anyone tries to peddle you, you'll not see any practical payload advantage to 'MT' springs over the MW springs. 

38 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

Do you want quality and value?

Get the GS MW springs. I have no complaints, I've not read one complaint. Man here just installed a pair and he seems happy happy. 

Be happy. 

Edit: and no, I don't care what anyone tries to peddle you, you'll not see any practical payload advantage to 'MT' springs over the MW springs. 

Are you saying Hell Creek isn't the same quality as General?

I'm asking because I only want a max of two inches over stock of lift and it seems that the Generals give a consistent three inches. Reports on the Hell Creek springs say they are roughly OEM ride height for a 4WD.

2 minutes ago, coheed said:

Are you saying Hell Creek isn't the same quality as General?

I'm asking because I only want a max of two inches over stock of lift and it seems that the Generals give a consistent three inches. Reports on the Hell Creek springs say they are roughly OEM ride height for a 4WD.

And your rear axle will be 1.25" out of center to the fore. 

Look around........universal problem. 

HellCreek used to be the only game in town, but the quality was very good and the owner was here on CC and would answer questions, etc.  but then a couple years ago something changed... and the trucks getting the new leafs had the tire pushed forward in the wheelwell a noticable amount.  In more than one truck.  and I seem to remember that HC claimed that's how it was supposed to be and would travel back as weight was applied in the bed.  But the tire looked... off the rest of the time. :dunno: