Need help with finding fuel injectors

Hello everyone. I’ve been procrastinating with fuel injector replacement. So I’ve been looking around for the Volvo 0280155746, “746” injectors. Brand new at the parts store is expensive. On eBay, looks like no-name brand is cheaper. But what I am having a hard time with is finding a reliable rebuilt set. Can someone please direct me to a person who sells them. I tried the names that I had previously ( thank you Neil), but having a difficult time with that now. Thank you for all the help.

Thank you kook , I may do that, but what I’m against is time.

I will definitely consider doing that if I cannot find a source. I am also getting ready to swap the radiator for an aftermarket one( I already switched over to open system). Any suggestions on brand, I see Quadratec has a few. Thanks again, Jim.

9 hours ago, jdwillys said:

Thank you kook , I may do that, but what I’m against is time.

I will definitely consider doing that if I cannot find a source. I am also getting ready to swap the radiator for an aftermarket one( I already switched over to open system). Any suggestions on brand, I see Quadratec has a few. Thanks again, Jim.

I have always just went down to the auto parts store and picked one up from there and they have life time warranty. 

10 hours ago, Ls2xjcomanche said:

That’s who I got mine from. Good quality product!

54ED0943-99EC-4E34-80F5-E0291F284984.jpeg

can't go wrong. I've got a set from him in one of my MJ with a 4.0 and a set in my gC with the 5.2. 

Don't gamble on FleaBay stuff. 

For some reason I had a difficult time logging into the Cherokee forum to find jhc7399( could be because I suck at this whole computer/ social media thing), So as I was searching elsewhere I found them on line,( MotorMan fuel injector supply) I was able to call and speak to 

them directly. Ended up buying from them, I paid about 150. I wanted to buy from jhc7399, and wish I did, mainly because of the recommendations from here and as others said his price is less than 100. However, I am completely satisfied with Motor Man.

• 1 year later...

I'm posting to "bump" this thread, as I consider the contact info to be important. Maveric and I are installing a set of Ford Explorer 5.0L injectors, Bosch #710, 19#/he stock flow rate, just to see how his 4.0 will run with them. If it likes them, we'll eventually order a new set, down the road.

Well, as hobo put it, we swapped the injectors... The old bendix deka injectors from factory had to go, they were starting to leak! :eek:

Once we pulled the injectors there was a ton of black crud in the ports... Cleaned it out with a rag, brake clean, and a screw driver.

Then we put new rings on the injectors we were putting in (bosch 710's) and installed them and buttoned it all back up.

Tested for leaks using a jumper on the fuel pump relay, no leaks so we fired it up... Of course it ran like crap because of the brake clean in the ports... And was smoking too... Also since i cleaned the engine yesterday some crud fell on the exhaust manifold and burned ofd so it smoked and stank there too... Anyway besides mosquito abatement we ran it up to 1500 rpm and let it warm up... It idled well and still no leaks... So hobo tells me to take it on the highway and get it up to speed and come right back. I get to the highway, wait for traffic to clear... And punched it... Now before when I'd do this... There is considerable lag, its always driven like an old truck... It gets there but not all that fast...

What a difference these new injectors made, its peeling around the corner... I get out of the turn and slap it into 2nd... Then 3rd... Its going like greased lighting... Then some jerk in a newer nissan Z pulls in front of me and goes really slow... Turns his hazzards on... I figure what the heck my turn off is coming up so i start to turn into it... He suddenly cuts me off and hits the brakes... Not being phased i go from 4th back to 3rd and punch it again... Then slap it into 4th and then 5th at 60 mph... Got to say those injectors made a difference... Runs quiet, has more power, starts more efficiently... I wish i had the ax15...

I don't know how it compares to the 746's but the 710's seem to work just fine. I do plan on testing the 746's at some point in the future so i will let yall know if theres any difference.