Anyone like to collect license plate?

MJXJjeepguy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grab them whenever I find one, but I don't seek them out. I have a real Hawaii plate (I'm in NC), and a bunch of others mostly east coast/midwest. Then theres my personalized plates I had when I was in Michigan. "GHIAPET" on a 1972 Karmann Ghia.

1 hour ago, dasbulliwagen said:

I grab them whenever I find one, but I don't seek them out. I have a real Hawaii plate (I'm in NC), and a bunch of others mostly east coast/midwest. Then theres my personalized plates I had when I was in Michigan. "GHIAPET" on a 1972 Karmann Ghia.

I would love to have Hawaii plate i sure they are hard to find just like Alaska plate. So are you interested to trade one of ur plate for one of my plate? 

45 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I have an Alaska one. I got it from a souvenir shop when I went up there a almost a decade ago for a high adventure camp I did with select members from my troop. 

Oh lucky you dog! Lol 

Anyone have any more plates they want to trade or sell? I need a couple more for the project I'm working on.I have Wisc,CA, Ok,KS,NV,an a few mis. smoking Joe,Quail unlimited,OU,but I still need a few different states to complete the project.

8 minutes ago, MJXJjeepguy said:

Alaska! :drool:

And what is that plain silver plate? Is that paint or color faded away? 

It’s the Arizona veteran plate. Well what’s left of it. It was originally on my truck when my grandfather owned it and I’ve since hung onto it 

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

It’s the Arizona veteran plate. Well what’s left of it. It was originally on my truck when my grandfather owned it and I’ve since hung onto it 

Oh cool must be very old! 

I only collect one plate (on purpose anyway.  sometimes I find an old michigan blue in a random parts box).  it's my grandfather's vanity plate from 1976.  looks like this one but has his last name on it.  not for sale or trade :D 

1976_Michigan_License_Plate.jpg

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

I only collect one plate (on purpose anyway.  sometimes I find an old michigan blue in a random parts box).  it's my grandfather's vanity plate from 1976.  looks like this one but has his last name on it.  not for sale or trade :D 

That is really cool lic plate!

4 hours ago, MJXJjeepguy said:

That is really cool lic plate!

looks like 10 bucks can get you one on ebay.  :L:  out of curiosity I was searching for other states' 76 plates and Michigan's is by far the most interesting one.  :dunno:

6 hours ago, Pete M said:

looks like 10 bucks can get you one on ebay.  :L:  out of curiosity I was searching for other states' 76 plates and Michigan's is by far the most interesting one.  :dunno:

Yea i would said Michigan is one the coolest plate I ever seen lol