• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a guy was bored and decided to start doing some calculating. I’m on my second fill up since the engine swap and I’ve been pushing it a little on the hard side, not beating it, just making sure there aren’t going to be issues that rear their heads soon and I’m already getting OVER 18 MPG. Not bad for a 3” lift, 4.10 gears, 31s, a 32 year old brick shaped truck and a 17 year old kid! This truck never ceases to amaze me. 

• 2 weeks later...

This truck is too funny. I love hearing the “Is that your pretty blue truck that parks in the same spot [of the school parking lot] every day? My dad really likes that truck!”  
Comments like these make building these trucks worth it. 

The stockpile of parts to install is growing. I have the sensors need to do my full cluster swap, a Mopar rear main seal in its way, along with a set of @Dzimm’s tailgate bumpers. Now I just need time to install them. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

Wow, not very often do you find yourself in a position to capture a MJ in its natural environment. Thing of Beauty I tell you. :applause:

Thank you! Someday, we will need to hit the trails!

4 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

June I thought? 

I was hoping for June, but I will be too busy. We normally do have an old car get together in September. I’ll see about expanding it to MJs. 

Full cluster finally installed! banana.gif
7C64263A-274D-43BD-BE00-79EC90A67025.jpeg.b47e356d423af3fd697c62d6a84a86a8.jpeg

Sweet! Do you know how to set your odometer so the government doesn’t get mad at you? Because when I put my cluster in last year, setting the odometer was pretty easy.

Also saw that you have 31’s and 4.10 gears. How do you like those? I’m about to start rebuilding a 44 and a 30 to do a 4wd swap and I may look into doing a regear to either 3.73s or 4.10s for 31’s but I’m on the fence between the two.

1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer
4.0 Liter w/ AW4 2WD

22 minutes ago, Dammerung said:

Sweet! Do you know how to set your odometer so the government doesn’t get mad at you? Because when I put my cluster in last year, setting the odometer was pretty easy.

Also saw that you have 31’s and 4.10 gears. How do you like those? I’m about to start rebuilding a 44 and a 30 to do a 4wd swap and I may look into doing a regear to either 3.73s or 4.10s for 31’s but I’m on the fence between the two.

1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer
4.0 Liter w/ AW4 2WD

What the government doesn’t know, won’t hurt them. I have no plans to sell the truck, nor does WI have inspections, the title has exempt for odometer reading, and it’s a 32 year old truck, I’d really need to piss off a cop for them to care. If I were to sell it, I’d just need to disclose that the title is inaccurate. 

I love the 31s with 4.10s. It gives it a little pep, but is still great doing 75 mph. Plus it gives me some snort for towing. 

17 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

What the government doesn’t know, won’t hurt them.

But when the government finds out, they'll hurt you!

Haha, I'm only kidding, in this case I agree - I don't know about the state laws where you're at, but replacing the odometer is perfectly acceptable without matching the reading.  The federal law states that altering the odometer reading with the intent to defraud is illegal.  That's clearly not the case here, especially if you don't sell the car.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn’t stand the rattle from the sway bar quick disconnects anymore, so they got swapped for OEM sway bar end links. I should have done that a long time ago. It is soooo much quieter now. 

• 89 MJ changed the title to 89 Sportruck