4 hours ago, ftpiercecracker1 said:

I've done a fair bit or searching, both on this forum and the internet in general, but haven't come to a clear conclusion.

Is it normal for plug wires to shock you if touched or arc when sprayed with water?

No.

So. . .

1. Arcing is not normal under any circumstance.

2. Cheap/poorly insulated wires will/can shock you, but could be considered normal.

3. High end/well insulated wires will neither arc or shock. 

What makes the taylor wires so special? 

1 hour ago, ftpiercecracker1 said:

So. . .

2. Cheap/poorly insulated wires will/can shock you, but could be considered normal.

There's nothing special about them just 8MM silicone wires that are decently affordable. $33 for good wires!

2 hours ago, Dzimm said:

Try the boots right next to the spark plugs.  It may just be a symptom of older or cheaper wires.

No shock at the boot either. 

1 hour ago, ftpiercecracker1 said:

So. . .

If they shock you they are arcing........the very definition of arcing. 

I have done a ton of reading regarding plug wires and i found some that I am considering.  My situation is a bit different than most of you guys since the Holley injection and dual sync distributor seem to be very sensitive to RFI. The brand is Magnecore and they aren't cheap. They claim to have virtually no energy leakage. I will find a link and post it.

5 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Read-

And expensive does not equate to quality. 

That has got to be so frustrating. You spend big bucks and get crap.

But your saying that if any plug wire, cheap or expensive, shocks you it should be considered bad and replaced, right?

I've been hit by them just once before and don't want to experience that again. How do you test the integrity of plug wires? I should ask, what is a better way of testing plug wires than just spraying water on them?

It seems touching them is the ultimate test, but I REALLY don't wanna do that.

7 hours ago, ftpiercecracker1 said:

But your saying that if any plug wire, cheap or expensive, shocks you it should be considered bad and replaced, right?

I've been hit by them just once before and don't want to experience that again. How do you test the integrity of plug wires? I should ask, what is a better way of testing plug wires than just spraying water on them?

What I'm saying is shop for quality, quality, quality, quality. 

I want an AGM battery, I won't buy for a while but I'm shopping now. I'll likely go with X2 from Batteries Plus, not the cheapest, not the most expensive. Quality. 

Taylor is a good wire, I looked at Taylor but DUI makes the only truly fitted wire for the 2.5 and they have the 'heat shield' built in, they feel of quality. Good wire. 

Just because Accel sells a $100 set of wires does not make Accel a quality wire. 

Most guys, you'll read it here over and over.........go for store-brand cheap S--- and get screwed every time. 

16 hours ago, ftpiercecracker1 said:

Oh yea, if you get shocked they should be considered bad. A good way to check wires to is pull your truck into a totally dark spot and with it running pop the hood. You will most likely see a lot of arcing  across where the wires touch metal. Look around where they plug onto the spark plugs. I held 3 of mine in my palm and they glowed green. I was shocked!

Use a screwdriver with a wire attached to it and grounded to the other side like making a test light. Run it up and down your wires and watch it arc. Oh please wear gloves. It's cool was shown this in automotive class 20 years ago

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

I recently spent a fair bit of time touching plug wires with my engine running and never once did I feel even a tingle. If I ever got zapped by a plug wire it would be replaced immediately. Maybe I'm just a little weeny, but I don't mess around with that stuff.