moon go bye bye

Pete M

Looks awesome. Won't see another until 2021.                                                                                                                                                            IMG_4304.PNG.e94111597050d89251ddc0463e3d8067.PNG                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              iPhone doesn't cut it. Totality south of Chicago in about 15 Min.

5 minutes ago, Basanova69 said:

Looks awesome. Won't see another until 2021.                                                                                                                                                            IMG_4304.PNG.e94111597050d89251ddc0463e3d8067.PNG                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              iPhone doesn't cut it. Totality south of Chicago in about 15 Min.

Similar view here in Des Moines, Iowa

2 minutes ago, DirtyComanche said:

Clouded over just as it was getting started.  :fistshake1:

I was going to walk out on the lake and get a good picture or 100 using a variety of lenses.  Nope.

Yeah that's no fun.  The solar eclipse last year we had a storm roll through right when it happened.. 

I'm so mad.  $1600 worth of camera and lens, not a chance the cloud will break.

Yes, that's it, at 150mm.  I couldn't even see it by eye, and just let it expose for 10 seconds to see if it might show up.  Was surprised I had it in frame...  No hope of getting it in frame at 500mm when you can't see it though, and there's no point anyway.

Other pic is the stars I took a few weeks back, just to prove I am not actually a total numpty with a camera.

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0226b.JPG

yeah, we really lucked out that the storms passed by already. 

rumor has it that my nephew (8) was going to wake up for this and view it through his new telescope.  I'll see if they snapped any pictures with it tomorrow.

1 hour ago, DirtyComanche said:

I'm so mad.  $1600 worth of camera and lens, not a chance the cloud will break.

That's too bad. We had the odd whispy cloud, but mostly clear. My roommate was out there for a while and took a bunch of photos, I didn't even bother trying with my phone. 

I'm convinced my pics aren't quite in focus.  the image really should be crisper for a couple grand worth of Canon. :fistshake2:  but it was late, the temp was in the teens, and I had literally taped the camera to a kid's pretend telescope (the only tripod-like thing I could find) and running a 10 second delay in an attempt to mitigate the shakes (both the wobbly tripod and my freezing hands).  I took a lot of pics and one kinda turned out.  sigh.  it is what it is.  maybe I'll try again tonight with a little more planning just to compare. 

Pete, nice photo in spite of the tripod.  Watched it here through some fairly high power binoculars.  Haven't had a really good camera since the invention of digital :sad2:  Totally clear skies, 32 degrees and about 5k feet.  Looked just like the photo :smile:

I'm convinced my pics aren't quite in focus.  the image really should be crisper

That's a pretty good pic. Do you play with light room or any other editing program? I'm amazed at what can be done, and I'm not even good with it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk