A College Students V8 Comanche

30 minutes ago, coheed said:

Sad to see. Always an awful day when someone you've spent so much time and effort in gets wrecked.

If there's no frame damage you could link the rear? If there is you could build a truggy :dunno:

There is frame damage and while I think I can fix it I think I’m going to just let insurance take it

3 hours ago, 88mjsally said:

There is frame damage and while I think I can fix it I think I’m going to just let insurance take it

You'll regret it, at least by it back and part of out of sell it to someone that wants to build a truggy. Sucks big time about the accident

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 7:44 AM, Pete M said:

bed looks straight.  was the frame otherwise straight and square?

It is pushed in 3/4 of an inch at the front perch but I have a friend whose dad has a frame machine they are letting me use to pull it back straight then I’m just going to plate the outside of the rear rails to get some strength back

• 2 weeks later...

Started to get the dent out of the cab corner. Had to cut out the inner support to get to the dent easier so I will have to weld that back in when I get the dent the rest of the way out. Still waiting on the frame machine to be repaired to pull the dent out of the frame rail

IMG_6105.jpeg

71935443014__8E2F3147-20D4-480A-AD5D-D55E13AE9A54.jpeg

On 10/22/2023 at 5:40 PM, 88mjsally said:

Got the cab corner pretty much finished up with some help from my dad. I also swapped out the messed up leaf springs and sadly the rear d44 was bent so I had to swap it out for my spare

IMG_6114.jpeg

IMG_6118.jpeg

You can have the axle repaired. It's possible to retube the axle. I'm sure a shop would be better at it but still

37 minutes ago, The86manche said:

You can have the axle repaired. It's possible to retube the axle. I'm sure a shop would be better at it but still

Not worth it to me to mess with since I had another one. I’ll probably just end up pulling the brakes and shafts if they are still good and scrap the rest