what is the peice under the rockers

On 9/14/2018 at 4:45 PM, HOrnbrod said:

Not factory, it's someone's idea of ground effects. The body side molding isn't factory either, or the rear bumper, wheels, decals, or splash shields. All in all though, it's not a bad look at all. 

the body side molding and decals look like factory eliminator to me.  

4 hours ago, 89eliminator said:

i never said i did...

go reread what don and i were talking about...

This isn't a private conversation between you and Don, this is an open discussion. All you said was that your '89 has "them." You're apparently referring to the side body moldings, but this thread started out about the underbody fairings/rails.

8 minutes ago, Eagle said:

This isn't a private conversation between you and Don, this is an open discussion. All you said was that your '89 has "them." You're apparently referring to the side body moldings, but this thread started out about the underbody fairings/rails.

well if you look up two more posts, i stated THE BODY SIDE MOLDING AND DECALS LOOK LIKE FACTORY ELIMINATOR TO ME.  thats the "them" i was talking about.  

maybe you should privately converse with yourself and read the entire thread.   

42 minutes ago, DesertRat1991 said:

What makes you say that? Wasn't there an optional OEM rear tube bumper?

The tubes on the factory bumper were straight. No curve on the ends like the below:

image.png.627a95ff2d78d9cbd61017b29f676230.png

This is an aftermarket tube bumper - I had one briefly many years ago on my MJ that was manufactured by the now defunct company Genuine Steel. Note the curved ends like the OP's:

LeftRear.jpg.bcabe54d6e9c12149ee844adc4c52727.jpg

IMG_7874_zpsezdxgm5x.jpg

So picked up truck... very impressed, pictures don't this truck justice... it is very clean, appears to be mostly original paint... found only the drivers rocker was repainted.... stickers and emblems may have been replaced, i know some say they are not placed correctly... but I don't care

It has the couple spots i knew about and it is no where near as bad as pics looked... driver floor pan and drivers rocker are the only spots anywhere on it...

And it is an eliminator, i decoded the vin... I have seen on here that most are hardcore purists and I get it... but here in michigan this is the cleanest truck I have found in years... unless I wanted to pay 10,000 plus

I paid $5500... and feel it was a good buy 

Screenshot_2018-09-24-07-19-37.png