4th Generation MJ project

Made it. Slow driving. Could only hit 60. Any more I'd over heat. The hills made it heat up to red line too. Had to pull over a few times. Had an idea to prop the hood open with a stick then strap it down so more air could get in. Didnt over heat again but it was still high. 

20211112_070632.jpg

FWIW, the overheating issue in my 89 was the radiator. I went from a closed loop system to a Mishimoto open loop radiator with a 2.5L Renix overflow tank and I haven’t had an issue since—never even exceeds 210. It could just be that the radiator has some corrosion in it not cooling effectively. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I posted my truck for sale for $6,500 locally. Prolly more than its worth but I need a full size truck due to the size of my family. Part of me hopes it doesn't sell but its going to be a good price or not at all. Still going to continue working on it though. 

46 minutes ago, rylee144 said:

I posted my truck for sale for $6,500 locally. Prolly more than its worth but I need a full size truck due to the size of my family. Part of me hopes it doesn't sell but its going to be a good price or not at all. Still going to continue working on it though. 

Seen that coming with that boat. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 8:38 PM, rylee144 said:

True. I'd like to thanks everyone who got me here. Great advice and forum. I'm lucky to have found it  

ownership was never a requirement for membership. :L:   besides, I give it a year tops before another one catches your eye.  :D  the MJ addiction is real...