Is UPS Shipping retarded?

rockhardzj

Click me!

This is the shipment for my new Leaf Perches from RE.

UPS isn't saying where they actually ship from, then, they take my brackets from Illinois to California, out and around that dreaded state, and then They will take it to Texas, Florida, Oklahomo, West Virgin, Maine, and Finally make the loop to my door.

As far as I'm concerned, their system is very inefficient.

Get me 10,000,000 bucks, and I will make a real service with much greater efficiency, and probably even faster delivery times, and probably net a higher profit off the same shipping costs.

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?sort_by=status&tracknums_displayed=1&TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&loc=en_US&InquiryNumber1=1Z225E5W0305528252&track.x=0&track.y=0

This is the shipment for my new Leaf Perches from RE.

UPS isn't saying where they actually ship from, then, they take my brackets from Illinois to California, out and around that dreaded state, and then They will take it to Texas, Florida, Oklahomo, West Virgin, Maine, and Finally make the loop to my door.

Get me 10,000,000 bucks, and I will make a real service with much greater efficiency, and probably even faster delivery times, and probably net a higher profit off the same shipping costs.

Not sure what the problem is????? They picked up on the 20th in CA and it's in NY in 4 days... that is dam good for ground. I am sure you could have paid more and had it sent over night if you needed it in less time 8)

And 10,000,000 bucks will not buy you much to upstart a shipping Co. :cheers:

If you are using the website to track your package its probably not accurate. My brother in-law used to get written up all the time for scanning the destination wrong when working at UPS. So he would put the package on the right truck but scan that it was going to some other city. Needless to say he no longer works there. Its a shame since they have insanely good insurance etc.

I'm a dumbass, read the list backwards....

Sweet, looks like it will get dropped at the same time I get to send a box off!

The one time though, they did ship something, and it went all around the damn country TWICE before finally making it's round back to me... That really had me confused, and somehow, it only took 6 days that time...

And RE is slow at sending these brackets, I ordered like 2 weeks ago... Oh well, I know they are a good MFGer, so I'm happy to sport their stuff!

If the sender puts the wrong city, or worng zipcode in, it completely throws their system into a tizzy.

Over the years I've dealt with many, many misshipments with UPS. Probably better than 90% were end-user mistakes.

I had something shipped from the deep south all the way to BC. It was hilarious where they actually sent it. It wound up going up the east coast. Finially it crossed the border into Ontario after about 2.5 weeks, then finially got shipped accross Canada to me. Total time was about 6 weeks after all the customs BS got cleared up.

Wasn't the most efficent system.

I can't remember what shipper it was, but I had a part I needed for work go from Ohio to Alaska and back to Michigan. Was supposed to be an overnighter (and they shipped another the next day) but it took months for the original to do the big trip. Out of the blue it showed up at our dock looking like it had fallen off the truck somewhere along the way. :roll:

UPS can suck my brown hole LOL.

In Canada they suck ROYALLY!!!!!!! I've been raped for "brokerage" charges so many times it's not even funny. I've refused some stuff on eBay because sometimes those Americans only ship UPS, no exceptions. If only they knew... Maybe UPS has brainwashed some (American) eBay sellers?

p.s. Did I mention UPS sucks?

That's what I thought today when the tire I ordered arrived at my house in a semi-truck. :eek:

I walked out to the street as he opened the trailer just to see a very large trailer, totally empty with the exception of my tire. :rotfl2:

The tire came from a werehouse in Texas and I was charged $19.99 for shipping.

I know it didn't, but the thought of a semi driving from Texas, with one tire, just makes you smile a little. :D

As far as UPS, well I had a part that hit 5 cities in the state it was coming from before it went to my state. :nuts:

UPS can suck my brown hole LOL.

In Canada they suck ROYALLY!!!!!!! I've been raped for "brokerage" charges so many times it's not even funny. I've refused some stuff on eBay because sometimes those Americans only ship UPS, no exceptions. If only they knew... Maybe UPS has brainwashed some (American) eBay sellers?

p.s. Did I mention UPS sucks?

Yes, they seem to think that $150 in brokerage fees on a shipmet worth $100 is about right. And for your convenience they make you wait for about a week or two while they broker it.

I won't buy anything that is shipped by them anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Howabout this?

Got a Hornet taillight shipped from the States to Finland. UPS says 'not a problem, we can do it in 5 days' and they charge me about 80USD. Sounds fair to me since it's a part I cannot get locally. Two weeks later I get a call from UPS Service desk saying they have my package if I could collect it or arrange to have it shipped. Being a bit suprised as I thought I already arranged to have it shipped 2 weeks ago.. .So I ask them where can I claim it. 'From your local office'. I ask where the package is. 'Right here in Atlanta, GA'.

After some heated words they tell me that the package has indeed visited my front door (here in Finland, Europe), but since there was nobody home at the time it was sent back to the originating office. UPS rocks... :bowdown:

After a few calls and a week later it was shipped free of charge to my front door, this time I told them to leave it outside if nobody's home... Before this episode I always thought that I unreached they'd try again later, or maybe even leave a note or something before shipping it back to where it came from...

You all must not have a relationship with your UPS man. Mine will put my deliveries in my fenced in back yard for me, or if I leave instructions put it in my garage. I have had more problems with the Postal service then I have with UPS.

As for private frieght companies... well MY 42's came from one, and they were top notch, but when the same company tried to deliver my drill press, I was less then impressed with the customer service, the driver was great though

Shipping "out of country" is a pain no matter who you use. I use UPS for almost everything I ship within the continental US except for small items then I use USPS. UPS is much easier to use, faster, usually cheaper than USPS and tracking and insurance are included. I have never had a problem with them.

Every time this subject comes up the first thing that happens is a bunch of Canadians start crying about brokerage fees, customs fees, value taxes ect and start bashing UPS. I'M SICK OF IT. When you live in the US you don't have ANY!! of these charges. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING. ALL these charges are directly attributed to YOUR GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! and their B.S. rules.

I have Canadians ask me all the time to falsify customs documents and mark the item as a "gift" so they don't have to pay tax on it but then want it insured for it's full value. I won't do it!! and they get mad at me?? If somthing goes wrong it will be the shippers @$$ (ME) that is in trouble. I got a Canadian Postal Money Order from a customer in Canada that my bank had to send through their collection process to get the funds. It took three weeks and cost me a $20 collections fee. A CANADIAN POSTAL CHECK has to be sent to collection???? AND UPS is screwed up?????

There is no doubt you guys are getting hosed with all these fees and taxes but it is not the fault of anyone but YOUR GOVERNMENT.

If you don't like it quit using them or don't buy anything from the US. If you want to change things go talk to your government but quit blaming others for your problems.

opsled

nice, dad.

I agree

Dam Straight, I'm sorry I sound like a jack but I hear the same thing over and over again. I just shipped $500 worth of Mod Yamaha snowmobile parts to Sweden this morning that would have cost over $2000 for the guy to duplicate himself (if he could even get them). Shipping via USPS Prority Mail Air International was $102 for a box the was 17"X14"X11" and weighed 25lbs. He will have his parts in 6-10 days. It's a major pain to box an item like that so you are assured that it get there in one piece along with the B.S. customs forms I have to sign as true. The guy complained about the cost of shipping (here we go again) and I had to send it as a gift with a value of $40 so he doesn't have to pay import duties and HIS!!! country's 30% TAX!!!!!

I don't mind at all doing these things for people to help them out but I sure as HELL won't listen to them bashing an AMIRICAN company that is trying to deal with THIER country's crap and service them.

Canada and Mexico have been sleeping next to the biggest dog in the yard for over 200 years and have NOT had to bust a knuckle to protect themselves for over a century because of it. Any problems or issues they may have with the US or it's companies are completely self imposed and they should step back and realize that FACT.

Lord knows we are far from perfect but if you look around and see what the rest of the world has to deal with we have it made in the shade and it's because we WON'T have it any other way.

And nine + times out of ten people that have problems with shipping (no matter who the carrier or the country) are having them because they don't do the paperwork right. PERIOD END OF STORY

:USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag:

opsled

Thats it??? Get off your horse and learn to spell? How about "opsled you're wrong it doesn't work the way. It works like this." or "well maby you have had good luck with them but I ship alot of things too and I have had the opposite experiance".

No I guess not. I get "get off your high horse" and "at least get the spelling right"

O.K. :USAflag: :USAflag: AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy????

Maby I should look back through all your posts and do a spell check. umn.gif

As far as this horse I'm on. I will ride it untill someone can prove to me I'm WRONG. If my statments were wrong lets hear why but if you expect me to get off my horse just because YOU TELL ME TO I think it is you that is riding a little high on his horse.

This thread started as an undeserved, undocumented BASH on a company that may not be perfect and could probably be criticized at times. But coments like RETARDED and SUCKING THE BROWN HOLE were not mine. If you are going to used those words to describe someone or something you better have the facts to back it up because guys like me will call you on them.

Bottom line is if you guys are right back it up with facts and I will agree with you. If I'm wrong prove it and I will agree with you. But if all you have is BS and an empty basket the only thing you will prove is where you are lacking.

By the way I hate horses and have no ligitimate reason for it.

opsled

The brokerage fees aren't set by anybody in Canada except the brokerage companies who are usually US owned. :Canadaflag:

Redtape = made in :USAflag:

not true. all fees are actually set by the Canadian government. they control their own tax.

are you trying to say we control Canada? it would be good if we did, but we don't.

The tax is Canadian, but the brokerage fees are not tax.

Yes, that is why I use other brokers that charge less.

And yes UPS sucks. Day after day I look at the items that arrive on the dock from UPS, DHL and Fed EX ground. And I can always tell which items came off the UPS truck by the way the items look like someone drove over them. I also have the same problems at home with UPS damage :headpop:

WoW. :eek: For a moment I thought I was on the Pirate board.

Relax people :cheers:

Just remember, there are always two sides on a coin and when flipped, someone is going to kick and someone is going to receive. :D

Well, first of all, I don't know how this thread got this far out of proportion. If you go back to the first page, you'll see that I realized I was reading the list wrong. Beyond that, I had bad luck with UPS (took a while to deliver as it went all around the country) like once in the past. I thought I was seeing it like it was happening again, but I was just reading backwards, so this time, It was my fault. I then posted "My Bad" and took back what I said, although, I wonder to this day why the first time it happened like that.