Um...... you're doing it wrong......

yellaheep

I have no words..........

00S0S_f3njbS75cR6_600x450.jpg.62ca2d79741f37989f667c15f5677243.jpg

Ok, maybe a few words.......

Ok so the ad reads:  "Bad transmission. 6.5 diesel Smokes and runs rough when cold. Lots of new parts."

Bad transmission - probably due to that abomination blocking the trans cooler...... 

Runs rough when cold - probably due to that abomination and FOUR fans making it more like a swamp cooler???? 

New parts - shouldn't include that abomination and the FOUR fans.....

On 6/26/2018 at 9:04 PM, yellaheep said:

I have no words..........

00S0S_f3njbS75cR6_600x450.jpg.62ca2d79741f37989f667c15f5677243.jpg

Ok, maybe a few words.......

Ok so the ad reads:  "Bad transmission. 6.5 diesel Smokes and runs rough when cold. Lots of new parts."

Bad transmission - probably due to that abomination blocking the trans cooler...... 

Runs rough when cold - probably due to that abomination and FOUR fans making it more like a swamp cooler???? 

New parts - shouldn't include that abomination and the FOUR fans.....

The only thing I could think of is this thing broke down outside a junkyard and that is how they got it home.. Orrrr they just crazy. 

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, yellaheep said:

Um..... Think this guy's truck has a wicked vibration on the highway?  Just wow.

Surprisingly common to see, actually.

The neat thing is that more times than not it actually still works out okay enough that it can be driven on, especially if it's a hub centric wheel (which that is, but it's not meant for that hub).

I recently watched a PT Cruiser tooling down the freeway with the rear tires bouncing up and down like basketballs and the rear of the car bobbing up and down like a boat so yeah, people can apparently be quite oblivious. :(  

This is a few years old, but I just ran across the pic. Police car comes into the shop, and it literally fell apart as I was pulling it in to check a rear end noise.
Officer states the rear end is making noise after his last call ended with a high speed chase!
Yeah, because that just happened on your last call.......
Bearing failed, ground it's way through 3\4 of the axle shaft, and then the shaft broke.8b923bbed9121db6776b23d7124b7db2.jpg

I did this bearing on an RCMP Tahoe PPV a couple months back. Apparently it had been making noise and vibrating for a couple weeks... the "junior officers" apparently assumed it was a tire balance problem and didn't bother saying anything until the supervisor came back from vacation. Pretty sure the caliper was the only thing holding that wheel on the axle too at that point. The unit bearing separated pretty easily once it was off the car. 

Cops are normal people too :dunno:

I did this bearing on an RCMP Tahoe PPV a couple months back. Apparently it had been making noise and vibrating for a couple weeks... the "junior officers" apparently assumed it was a tire balance problem and didn't bother saying anything until the supervisor came back from vacation. Pretty sure the caliper was the only thing holding that wheel on the axle too at that point. The unit bearing separated pretty easily once it was off the car. 
Cops are normal people too :dunno:
Oh I know they are just people, but that guy is one of those that doesn't come to the shop until it's dead! Parts have to fall off, or it not be drivable....

Several years ago we got 1 of the SC HEAT cars as a prize. Gen 2 Charger.
It was completely upfitted, and ready to roll.
1 week into service it starts blowing the fuses for some of the accessories.
Here is the professional work I found in the console....
At that point I gutted the wiring, and started over!63ee6a6c532d1c9b9db06a06e0053cc0.jpg

5 hours ago, GreasemonkeySC said:

Oh I know they are just people, but that guy is one of those that doesn't come to the shop until it's dead! Parts have to fall off, or it not be drivable....

That's what I meant by normal people. :L:

The first post reminded me of this. The guy who sent me the pictures had bought it but had not picked it up yet. He said the price was low and hidden in there was a low mileage diesel F-450. I lost his number and haven't heard back from him but I'm curious how the drive home went.

Notice the rain gutter exhaust.

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg