I think I paid close to $40 for mine and they are perfect no rust. I looked on the classifieds and most of what I found in adds were advertised as rusty or a seat in need of brackets. Recently a member on here became very rude when I offered them up for $50 plus shipping. Wanting to make sure I wasnt being rediculous but it seems fair considering finding a set in near mint condition around here is impossible let alone hard to just find and mj but this guy kinda went off on the deep end as if I was out to rip people off and a bad guy. Please give me some feedback and maybe he will see it. Thanks.

I just offered a set to another member for $80.  When they go up for sale around here they're usually going for $100-120.  Differences are likely due to localized supply and demand.  I'm in PA and not much of anything here isn't rusty.

Personally, I've never paid more than $30 for any MJ seat bracket, bench or bucket, but that's a combination of junkyard luck and kind CC members. It's been a while, but I think I got $75 or so plus shipping for the last set of bucket brackets I sold.

21 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

I need someone to post pictures of how bucket brackets differ from bench brackets...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The only difference is that, with the bucket brackets, the right side unit has a separate handle for the slider latch. With the bench, the driver's side lever also works the passenger side latch via a cable.

The only difference is that, with the bucket brackets, the right side unit has a separate handle for the slider latch. With the bench, the driver's side lever also works the passenger side latch via a cable.
So If I have these bench brackets repopped then they will fit benches and buckets 100%?

24 minutes ago, krustyballer16 said:

So If I have these bench brackets repopped then they will fit benches and buckets 100%?

As far as I know, yes. Except that the passenger side won't be adjustable with a bucket unless you fabricate a lever for the latch.

There haven't been any MJ seat brackets available new for about 20 years, so there is no catalog you can compare prices to. Look at prices for MJ taillights. The only "fair" price for unobtainium parts is what a willing seller will accept from a willing buyer. If a seller wants $50 plus shipping and a buyer only wants to pay $50 including shipping, there's simply no deal. Neither party is right, neither party is wrong. They just didn't reach an agreement on a price. No harm, no foul.

I just offered a set to another member for $80.  When they go up for sale around here they're usually going for $100-120.  Differences are likely due to localized supply and demand.  I'm in PA and not much of anything here isn't rusty.

Personally, I've never paid more than $30 for any MJ seat bracket, bench or bucket, but that's a combination of junkyard luck and kind CC members. It's been a while, but I think I got $75 or so plus shipping for the last set of bucket brackets I sold.

$50 plus shipping doesn't sound like a bad price to me, but it still comes down to what a willing seller and a willing buyer can agree on.

Let's not start an argument on the forum over a simple failure to agree on a price.

6 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

Isn't all the adjustment on the seat slider and not these brackets?

Ah. Yes, I guess so. I was thinking of the riser and sliders together as being the "bracket," and just the seat as sitting on the bracket.

It wasnt the price it was the remarks and pms and continuing to follow me on forum not letting it go. I started this thread not calling the individual out as well as to get confirmation myself from other members here on "fair price" as the title stated nothing else. I wanted to make sure I wasnt ripped off for paying 40 bucks. The individual went off when I would not sell and ship them for 50 after I stated that shipping would cost me the mojority of that. I would be selling them for much less than what I paid. My father taught me a fool and his money go separate ways.

I've recently made a trip from Missouri to Virginia and back, stopping at junkyards all along the way.  Scored a set of 2 dr XJ buckets.  I've pulled an MJ bench seat in the past.

This is just my observation, but even if a pick-n-pull with reasonable prices is just down the road from you, the time and effort to pull these parts, buy them, then box and mail them, I don't think $50 shipped is possible.  The brackets are somewhat heavy.  I would guess $50 plus shipping would be a minimum starting point.  I enjoy saving old Jeep parts, but my time is worth something.  I don't enjoy it enough to lose money doing it.

As Eagle stated, if two people can't agree on a price, just move on.

31 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

... that shipping would cost me the mojority of that. I would be selling them for much less than what I paid.

I figured that out, and I think most of us can figure that out.

As I said ... there is no established price for a part that hasn't been available for more than 20 years. "Fair" is what a buyer and seller can agree to. If a prospective buyer doesn't want to pay what you're asking, no harm, no foul. If he trolls you on the forum because he didn't want to pay the asking price, report him to the moderators.

That goes for all members. And that's why I'm not going to delete this thread. (Pete may decide otherwise.) We're here to help one another, but no member has a right to expect another member to sell rare parts at a loss.

Interesting thread!       As someone pointed out, it depends on where you are in the country and the local supply of scrap trucks in the area.  Here in Southern Calif. I have stumbled on a few sets of MJ bucket seats over the years.  Had to pay more than $50 for the pair every time.  More like $50 for each seat - and have walked away from higher priced seats.  Eventually, by buying up sets of seats, I was able to put together a pristine set of MJ buckets with brackets.  My total cost was something around $500.  Also replaced the MJ buckets with Grand Cherokee buckets eventually.  A much more comfortable seat for me.  So even though I no longer use the MJ buckets, I would not separate the brackets from the seats.

Yes, I am quoting prices for the seats and not for just the brackets.  Without the brackets, my pristine MJ buckets are not usable.  So for me, seats and brackets go together.  But that is just me.  

Kind of like if you need one NOS tail light, a single NOS tail light is going to be harder to find than a match pair of NOS tail lights. 

I haven't been reading everyone's comments on price, so i don't know whos side I'm on, but if it were me, I would personally start around $50+ shipping. Just the brackets, gotta get lucky and get em off the bolts in the floor. Then remove them from the seat, whatever that takes. Few hours there so $50 almost doesn't cover your time

I was not trolling nor a bully to the original poster. Like mentioned before, we did not agree on a price.  However, the original poster failed to leave out he referred to himself as MY "daddy" and called me a fool, among other things after we couldn't agree on a fair price. It wasn't until after he had said all of these things that I let him know how I felt, as I believe it is incredibly rude and immature to call yourself a "daddy" of another man in the derogatory manner he has. I won't be disrespected in such a way by anyone, and should not be subjected to that here, of all places.  As for a fair price, I have not been quoted lower than $50 shipped for just brackets.  However, as I explained to others on here offering to sell me theirs, it would be more worth while to find a seat (or just brackets) locally, as that would be the far better deal IMHO.  A brief search around local classifieds and I have located a bench seat with brackets, in great condition with no rips for an asking price of $100.  These deals may not be abundant, but they are out there.