Evolution '88

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, kansashogan said:

That looks really nice. It's a lot of work isn't it? I kept the copper strips in the back for the turn signal lights so I created extra work for myself. It would have been easier to buy aftermarket led ones.

Thank you, yep it's a lot of work. 

2 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Yes, entirely. :)

Nice. I've been considering having my bed modified for different stock taillights that are still available. Possibly 1rst gen Dakota. Looking forward to seeing what you do.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry I didn't answer you. 

It's one of those things that is self-evident, something you just do, I don't think one could explain how to do it. 

No worries! I was just thinking fiberglass/epoxy and then bondo from your thread. Wasn’t sure if there was anything in between

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it was a “stupid @#$%ing question” and not up to your exceptionally

high standards of competence or anything. I’m sorry, sir, to think anything different. Please forgive me! 

Even though epoxy/fiberglass then bondo and sand and paint was evident to anyone who could read. I’m sorry! It’s not like this is a place for learning or advice. 

On 10/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, Dixie said:

I know it was a “stupid @#$%ing question” and not up to your exceptionally

high standards of competence or anything. I’m sorry, sir, to think anything different. Please forgive me! 

Even though epoxy/fiberglass then bondo and sand and paint was evident to anyone who could read. I’m sorry! It’s not like this is a place for learning or advice. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No more fused links. 

Ford part number BR3Z-14526-AA

admtvoW.jpg

I went looking for brass to make my spacers, these can be found commercially but it was easier and cheaper to cut something up. $8 brass hammer at the Chinesium shop.

y02Y14G.jpg

aHxmSDL.jpg

Right hand elbow lugs can be ordered but I made my own instead of waiting another week, I'm not proud of it but it works. I could have altered the fuse and cut a relief for a straight lug but I wanted to be able if necessary to swap out the fuse in the field with no alterations, so, I made the elbow. The first one was an abortion, the second was a bit better. 

Gqz8lYd.jpg

I get the yellow crimp couplers and remove the yellow covering then solder the joint, I then double up on the heat shrink tubing. This helped clean up the rats' nest around the starter relay.

AdSMCMr.jpg

Done. 

Alt side is on the left @ 200amp and the power side is on the right @ 100amp. 

Yeah, I know, POS Walmart battery but I'm going with a high-end AGM in the future, just no need for a $3-400 battery sitting around for another year. 

QCbRKHd.jpg