Paint Code Help

I've searched all paint suppliers I can find and nothing matches what I'm presuming is the paint code of 427  or ps3  depending on which tag information I'm susposed to use.   Either way no numbers on this tag coorespond to any paint codes listed for PPG or any other "factory" paint codes from Jeep.

My MJ was made 04/89.  I tried finding the paint code as an 88, 89, 90.   Nothing in the PPG books have codes that match that I can figure out.

Please help34651752622_a94bfb6ff9_k.jpg

They are one of the first I tried. Although this time I tried searching for a chrysler in 89 and I found PS3..

Does anyone know if Jeep in 89 would have painted with chrysler paint codes??? The color chip looks alot darker than my areas under the hood that have not faded..

• 3 years later...

I just got my Comanche this past weekend and it is the same color!

I believe the paint code is APA PS3 QS3. 
The first set (APA) denotes a monotone paint scheme. The other two codes are the two possible paint colors assuming it wasn’t monotone. So P means primary color and Q means secondary color. The paint code S3 is a Chrysler code according to my research and is called “Dover Grey Metallic”. (Listed as HS3 in the paint chip sheet) 

I haven’t ordered any touch up paint to see how close it is though. Does anyone have experience matching 31 year old paint?... 

36CA1E67-DF09-423F-8C47-78E135A2CCA2.jpeg

3A185504-E5EF-4D79-BE73-1F28646A54F9.jpeg

20D12940-EDB8-4A05-BCE3-B727F7769E49.jpeg