rear speakers

i'm looking to move install my 6x9 speakers in the back of my comanche. my truck didn't come with rear speakers, so i know there's a wire harness i can tap into, but no mounts. anyone put these in the stock location? i could just get some after market 6x9 cabs, but i'd rather not use up my space.

as it sits right now, i've got a pioneer cd player and 5.25's in the front doors, but i have some really nice pioneer 6x9's that were in my old car, so that's why i'm looking to do that. as far as better sound...it had an aftermarket audiovox tape player...

All you guys with the tiny trucks in your avatar, STAND CLOSER TO IT! Or at least crop the photo a little. We don't really need to see the pavement or your neighbors house or whatever. :D If anyone wants their avatar improved, just email me the fullsize image and your screen name and I'll take care of the rest. :cheers: petermontie@hotmail.com

now that we're so far :offtopic: ...

the problem was my pic was too big, it would seem, not that it's too small. i already adjusted it. besides, it's 'unique' enough that anyone could recognize it from half a mile away, and i don't want to infect anyone else with the bed's cancer :D

Back onto the original post here, yes 6x9's will fit into the rear holes. You can either cut a lil bit out of the original hole, or if I can remember the name of the company that makes speaker adapters just for this kind of thing, there's that option as well.

OR.. Just buy your self some good quality 4X6 speakers and put them i factory position!!! My Infinity KAPPAS sound GREAT!!!

:brows: CW

Thats basically what I am doing, I bought a set of component 4x6 clairions. Put the 6x9's in your door if you really want to use them. I am going with a set of 6"rounds in my doors.

OR.. Just buy your self some good quality 4X6 speakers and put them i factory position!!! My Infinity KAPPAS sound GREAT!!!

:brows: CW

my problem is, since it didn't come with rear speakers fromt he factory, that there's no bracket there...i'll probably just fab up a simple bracket, but i'm just curious if anyone has some specific pointer on the subject...or a spare set of rear speaker brackets i could throw in for really cheap

front speakers are 5.25 stock.

I would put mine behind the seat, but I keep too much crap back there that would mangle, poke and destroy them. I'm mounting a pair of 6x9s under the dash facing downwards (I took the stupid shelf off long ago because I bashed my shins on it getting in/out, and offroading once too often) Less likely to get screwed up under there and the dash acts as a sound box for the bass.

The PO on my Comanche had cut out the factory brackets and left some gaping holes back there.

I simply cut a piece of plywood to size to cover the old holes and used the template to cut new openings in the middle for my 6x9's (and used the grills that came with the speakers for protection). I then sanded it, painted it black, and covered the back with some Dynamat. I screwed the 4 corners directly onto the plastic and used some black silicone to make a gasket. Then I stuffed the area behind the plastic trim/between the sheet metal with some cheap polyfill for more sound-proofing.

Worked great for me - no rattles and the sound is great.