there's a reason i stay off NAXJA

Oizarod115

naxja is about dang rediculous with the flaming.

i read through maybe 4 threads tonight and 3 of them were just plain bashing. the other was a question on the carrier split of a D30... which is odd because you could search and find that easy as hell yet noone flamed him for that :nuts:

glad CC is chill. jamminz.gif

they're !#)@(%Y*(@^$ )*@$ #%)*#@^%)(* #)%(*^#@()*&$#@@#%@#*%^@#)($&

that's some swear words I picked up on my computer...all strung together.

naxja sucks, it's too complicated to search. to find a post I posted on, i have to search my sn in advanced search to see my comments

i mean, you can pick up alot of good info there, and the picture showcase is awesome with the scenic/rockcrawling threads and stuff..

but SHEESH. gimme a break, people even flame on the PICTURES thread.

I flame people who talk crap about owning stock wranglers unlimited and then show me a video of them "offroading". I laugh, talk crap about they're shoddy rig and the fact that for a mere $7000, I can do twice that and have more fun doing it (seeing as scratching my vehicle won't void the warranty and won't give me a heart attack).

don't get me wrong, i like them. but people talking smack about "who's rig is better" when they can't do anything impressive themselves, and just have a big pocket-book or a fleeting fancy at "owning a REAL jeep" (I use "real" fleetingly)....really irritate me

If I need an engine question answered in the next hour, I go to NAXJA. Otherwise, I'm here.

I don't get flamed. There were times, like when I first joined and started into Jeeps, that being flamed would've helped me learn a little. I remember Pete actually correcting me on something, and it made me realize that I need to be more careful.

However, alot of people on there Only bash. If you can ask your questions how they want them, you can avoid the gunfire.

Naxja wants to be like Pirate :brows: If I want to do a search I go to pirate... everything you want/need/should know is there. Granted you have to wade through a bunch of flame posts as well, but you can find the answers easier

I posted a thread in Off-Topic to show people what some of the guys at FJOA (Floridajeepers.net) did when a guy left his rig abandoned in the woods for a month, and turned down several opportunities from locals to get it recovered...

By the time they got to it it was flipped, smashed, n stripped..

so they drug it to the head of the trail, onto the side of the road, and had the county come pick it up...

Good dead, IMO, cleaned up the trail, yanno?

But the jackass' that didnt actually read the thread were REAL quick to hate.... And yes, it has gotten a bit ridiculous over there since I joined a few years back, which is why I don't pay dues to them...

NAXJA is a funny creature.

the web persona's are vastly different from real life.

most everyone I've actually met has been a cool dude, and the MWC is a great group of guys.

There is a reason we have our own forum though ;)

they're !#)@(%Y*(@^$ )*@$ #%)*#@^%)(* #)%(*^#@()*&$#@@#%@#*%^@#)($&

that's some swear words I picked up on my computer...all strung together.

naxja sucks, it's too complicated to search. to find a post I posted on, i have to search my sn in advanced search to see my comments

Really? I found the search option very helpful, and user friendly. I am in no way bashing your opinion on NAXJA. I just think NAXJA is the Shiznit. I love the CC community, and this is the only place I get involved in. I only use NAXJA for research, and they have yet to dissapiont me. I will have to check out Pirate like Pinpong suggested. Let the flaming begin :brows:

I'm not gonna name any names but there is always one member, in particular, that seems to be the first to bring on the hate, and every post he makes, he basically calls everyone else an idiot unless you agree with him (its his way or the high way)

I'm not gonna name any names but there is always one member, in particular, that seems to be the first to bring on the hate, and every post he makes, he basically calls everyone else an idiot unless you agree with him (its his way or the high way)

I apologize for that, but I am always right. :)

I apologize for that, but I am always right. :)

dammit i was hoping u didnt see this lol

it wasnt me getting flamed, i think i've only started maybe 1-2 threads on NAXJA, and i agree some people should be flamed a little.

i guess it's just when people flame without reading the thread that's just annoying. like, if you had READ the thread. you wouldn't be on my nuts becuase you would know what's going on, not just @$$-U-ME

I feel that I flame when appropriate. I always try and provide an answer though, even if I do flame for not searching. It's just that some people irritate me. WHen someone asks a question that has an identical thread still on the first page it bothers me.

The Toyota Pickup section of Pirate is cracking down on certain forms of flaming.

The admin decided that searches became impossible cause all the results that came up just said "try searching" and the search feature was becoming useless. I'm glad they're changing for the better, and I hope NAXJA can follow suite. It's a very helpful resource.

You are flaming naxja for flaming you. How funny, I really don't like them either. I enjoy this site which I don't post a lot. Because Comanches are an acquired flavor. I have probably had more fun when my manche was a two wheel drive and went on the stupidest things that a two wheel drive shouldn't do. But I love that truck and it is my full project now. XJ's are just excellent parts vehicles :D The most produced Jeep ever really is a Cheapokee. :brows:

I feel that I flame when appropriate. I always try and provide an answer though, even if I do flame for not searching. It's just that some people irritate me. WHen someone asks a question that has an identical thread still on the first page it bothers me.

thats not even my problem, flaming for not searching is necessary. although i never thought about that making the search optino useles... :brows: thats kindof ironic huh?

actually i don't think i've ever read a thread with you flamign someone :dunno:

You are flaming naxja for flaming you. How funny

i didnt even get flamed! its just annoying although sometimes incredibly funny :D

I would rather answer a simple question a hundred times than to just tell someone they should use the search. Every case is different and there's no telling whether or not the person asking has the knowledge to differentiate how their situation is different from another owner's. I prefer to handle each problem on an individual basis. But I admit in the past I have given a partial response and then mentioned that a similar topic was discussed recently. As long as it's done in a friendly tone. I CAN'T STAND it when someone just says "learn to use the search feature you noob!" or something to that effect. That ain't nice and that certainly ain't friendly. :headpop:

But do be careful about the bashing of NAXJA. For every bad apple there are a whole bunch of good ones. :D

NAXJA is an interesting critter. I should know -- I'm a charter member, and a lifetime member. And I haven't visited the forum for probably at least six months. I am and will be forever grateful to Pete for getting this forum started, because it gave me a haven when I threw in the towel at NAXJA.

The thing is, the club promotes itself and its forum as "family oriented." I don't know if the rules have been changed since my term as a Director and moderator ended, but when I was a moderator the rules were rather clear about both language and flaming. But when I had the audacity to moderate some posts by one of the favored sons, the then-president shut off my moderating privileges with no discussion, no vote of the board of directors, and no notice. At 10:00 a.m. one day I was a moderator, at 3:00 p.m. that day I wasn't. All because I enforced a written rule.

When NAXJA was young and small, it was a good group with which to be associated, and the members tried to help one another. Recently, the forum has become a rather unpleasant experience. I am still friends with most of the same NAXJA members I made early one. The curious thing is that, except for one or two others who are also lifetime members ... none of them are NAXJA members any more.

Let us hope this forum never sinks to the same depths.