there's a reason i stay off NAXJA

Oizarod115

antidisestablishmentarianism u dun did talked abowt thur? wots gramber! I knot knowin haow thurs surmtin loik dat wot cosses peepl tuo flaime

:brows: why you gotta impersonate my cousin jo-billy-bob fer?

Let us hope this forum never sinks to the same depths

:bowdown: well said.

haha, not the ones who are posting :P

i think all the other ones are scared they'll get kicked off if they agree :oops: :eek:

read it now, now they're cutting on the 12" lift project as well...which i can't say i blame them on that one...but it's the guys project and he CAN do as he wants

NAXJA is an interesting critter. I should know -- I'm a charter member, and a lifetime member. And I haven't visited the forum for probably at least six months. I am and will be forever grateful to Pete for getting this forum started, because it gave me a haven when I threw in the towel at NAXJA.

The thing is, the club promotes itself and its forum as "family oriented." I don't know if the rules have been changed since my term as a Director and moderator ended, but when I was a moderator the rules were rather clear about both language and flaming. But when I had the audacity to moderate some posts by one of the favored sons, the then-president shut off my moderating privileges with no discussion, no vote of the board of directors, and no notice. At 10:00 a.m. one day I was a moderator, at 3:00 p.m. that day I wasn't. All because I enforced a written rule.

When NAXJA was young and small, it was a good group with which to be associated, and the members tried to help one another. Recently, the forum has become a rather unpleasant experience. I am still friends with most of the same NAXJA members I made early one. The curious thing is that, except for one or two others who are also lifetime members ... none of them are NAXJA members any more.

Let us hope this forum never sinks to the same depths.

What a waste and loss for NAXJA, I lurked on NAXJA for years, in fact I got turned onto to NAXJA and JU from somone called Harwood nearly 10 years ago that used to post on the old Drivetrain direct BB Perhaps you are the same Harwood? This board is the only one left that is like the good ole days. Even Rubicon express used to have a BB until folks started flaming and misbehaving.

Well, FJOA is still kickass, and flame free as well.

But we all live in Florida, so it makes it easier to stay a "tight knit group" vs NAXJA, where the most common offroad vehicle is discussed, the XJ, and theres basically no moderating, unless you step on their toes.

oh, I report posts left and right.

Like I said, the people are vastly different than the online personalites.

the MWC welcomed my noobness and many of the members hooked up parts for cheap when I was first lifting the MJ.

good people, when you meet them at a campfire.

Yeah, the 12" thing pissed me off. Especially since a CC member brought it up.

What thread did you have hotlinked?

which thread do you mean?

the thread I hotlinked on here was regarding a mod (ghost) removing someone's thread because the "bashing was out of hand". the guy who had the thread innocently brought it up and asked who and why...and ghost got right on their and bashed with "because I can" and "you're just a freeloader who doesn't pay into the site..see, you're blue and i'm red so I have rights and you don't" basically.

So I called him out on it and said it's all BS and taht we're supportive over here and constructively critisize...then someone brought up the 12" lift pics and said we're all pansys basically and that that's the reason that some idiots make such unsafe homebrew lift kits and it's ridiculous that the people who say "great looking rig" about it outnumber the sensible ones who say "redo it cause it's unsafe".

I then hotlinked them that thread and said to ACTUALLY read it and see who said what before they talk...yadayadayada they got mad, and ghots, like a f*ing kitty, decides it's out of hand (and making him look bad) and removes it.

that's it in a nutshell

Well, FJOA is still kickass, and flame free as well.

But we all live in Florida, so it makes it easier to stay a "tight knit group" vs NAXJA, where the most common offroad vehicle is discussed, the XJ, and theres basically no moderating, unless you step on their toes.

they still flame on FJOA, but just when some douche ditches his ride and leaves them to clean it up