Wrenches Gone Wild!!!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, paul you will now have to center the steering column up into the connecter between the firewall and steering box.

shoulda disconnected it down at the steering box, there's only 1 way it can go down there.

Yeah I know, but I thought this way, I left a easy way to steer it. Once it's at the paint shop, the steering box, axles and suspension will be coming off.

haha, paul you will now have to center the steering column up into the connecter between the firewall and steering box.

shoulda disconnected it down at the steering box, there's only 1 way it can go down there.

Yeah I know, but I thought this way, I left a easy way to steer it. Once it's at the paint shop, the steering box, axles and suspension will be coming off.

why take the axles/suspension off? ...you should only have to paint the body and then undercoat underneath...

wow man! thats looking like a good ground up resto project.

Thanks for the support. Time line right now has us finishing in December.

why take the axles/suspension off? ...you should only have to paint the body and then undercoat underneath...

True, however we will be swapping axles from the donor XJ, so this will be a good as time as any.

Had a friend pick me up a hood on his was to DC yesterday. jamminz.gif

35478379640_d6e70e7c67_b.jpg

From the cab.

35478379650_0e7e4c264a_b.jpg

Wanted to get a feel of the look.

35734505141_aa430705b5_b.jpg

I think it is a Reflexxion hood, but I can't find any markings to ID it. It's all steel and in very good shape.

hohoho wicked hood man.

and this is for your kid right?

f* that that should be YOUR rig...!

Well you know the old saying, "I want my kid to have more than I had" or something like that. I plan on getting another one for me someday, so I'll make all the mistakes with his first. :brows:

Dammit!

I see the words "wet t-shirt" and here, I'm thinking you'd have some hot chicks wrenching on your rig with soaked white shirts and skimpy shorts on... You let me down... :cry:

X2, I had half a chub just reading the title. Nice shell of a cab, but you need more chicks to have a title like that.

• 2 months later...

Well, we got the MJ out of the garage today to take a little road trip. jamminz.gif

35866322825_c8f732e1b1_b.jpg

She'll be at the paint shop for the next couple of weeks. TJ pulled it well but I didn't have to go over 40 mph and the paint shop is only about 3 miles away. I don't think I would trust it on the open road for a long trip. Even though the TJ weighs more, the swb on it raises the pucker factor a little too much for my liking. :eek:

On a side note, I found the best engine compartment cleaner. It's call Purple Power. Stuff is fantastic. It cuts through the greasy residue and leaves a clean surface. Caution though, it will remove paint. :brows:

oOoH niice, you're not getting the front clip painted too?

can't wait to see her. :cheers:

The front clip, tailgate, and fender flares are in the cab. Hoods in the bed.

Does your truck have any kind of lift on it?

love the tear down, i've got a 2x4 MJ that i would love to do that with

It's SOA in the rear and about 3.5 to 4 in the front and setting on 31's. I have a new set of RE 4.5 springs for the front when I swap the axles which should even her out.

It's been almost to the day a year since we brought it home, so I was glad to see it off to paint. I'm hoping to get her back together and on the road by Xmas.

While it's gone, I'll work on the engine rebuild from the donor and swapping my D44's into the TJ.

Thanks's to all here at CC for the encouragement, ideas, and tech assist. :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...
Came out nice! Would you mind PMing me on how much a paint job like that set you back? I'm debating if I should do mine myself.

PM'd ya.

It was pricey. It's kind of hard to appreciate it with it still all apart. I'm sure we'll be happier once it's back together. If I was going to do it again, I would have done all the bodywork and sanding then had them shoot it.

Here's a link to the paint shop. They've had some interesting cars go through there.

http://www.micarcollision.com/door/