1990 short bed resto; TDi, 3-link, coilovers, doubler, JK axles

Mocked up an inner fender liner over the last couple nights. Figured the best way to protect all this fresh metal is to shield it from direct punishment. 

This might not seem like a big accomplishment, but I enjoy at least knowing that details like this are at least past the "proof of concept" stage.

Used this stuff:

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Colored-Plastic-HDPE-Sheet-10-Ft-Rolled-1-8-Inch-Thick,1557.html?sku=910041-BLK

20240528_213729.jpg

20240528_213528.jpg

20240528_213107.jpg

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

That looks like a perfect fit. How was the material to work with? Did you have to score it to get the harder angles? Or just use heat?

Yes, I'm happy with the fitment. 

Material is easy to work with. 

I scored it to cut the roll in half. Using a fine tooth blade on a hackzall to trim, heat gun with light pressure in a brake for the bends.  

• 1 month later...

Finally found a glass guy to come and remove the windshield.  Urethane was super hard.  

Back glass is the next session... neither one of us are optimistic it'll survive :sad2:

20240711_193055.jpg

20240711_193102.jpg

13 minutes ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

Thanks for the photos! Now I know what to expect whenever I do mine

:beerchug:

Hope it's helpful. I could not cut the urethane with the Harbor Freight Tool I had bought. It was simply too hard. Had a glass guy come give me a hand.

On 7/12/2024 at 9:35 AM, Pete M said:

it'll be fine. :L:  go slow, be thorough, and for the love of god don't force the glass in any way.

Can't believe how smooth this went. Took a bunch of time, two dozen razor blades, soapy water, and the Harbor Freight hook knife. As a bonus, the glass was already separating from the frame channels in a section, which gave me the confidence to peel it all apart.

20240713_140510.jpg

20240713_140513.jpg

20240713_161725.jpg

@KYMJ, are you still around?  

I remember you telling me when I bought the truck that your son had ran into the back of the cab loading a four wheeler and tweaked the window channel. Happy to report that it's fixed :))

20240718_204130.jpg

• 1 month later...