Unique Mj Paint Schemes

Zenobian_84

Decided to work on an odd little project in my spare time; mainly due in part to thinking about getting the MJ re-painted professionally since I plan on selling the 5.9 ZJ soon.

Had a weird idea for paint schemes on an MJ. Nothing too "out there" or flamboyant, but rather paying homage to the J-Series trucks. Has anyone ever seen something like this, obviously other than my particular truck?  :shake:

Obviously, I don't think it's very likely, but still, one can hope. Will be fiddling around in photoshop making some designs. I think some of these schemes would look pretty good on an MJ with Comanche specific model names in lieu of the FSJ ones, but perhaps I'm just biased. :yes: :brows: I saw that yellow Honcho at the bottom there, and have been having a hard time deciding if I want a paint scheme similar to it, or the one I have now (modified). Decisions decisions.

Couldn't resist doing a mockup of the GE real quick. Kudos to whomever owns this truck (google search)

~ Without the GE emblazoned across the hood.

Replaced the aftermarket chrome rims for something more stock looking. I think an MJ could look good this way if it were rocking 235s instead of 33+ tires, and a lot more chrome.   :hmm: The side striping is supposed to sweep up onto the hood, but with the MJ's body lines, having it follow them all the way down the sides would look better, IMO.

~ With the GE emblazoned across the hood. AKA: The Road Kill variant.

I definitely can't do this the proper justice it deserves.  :fool:  :yes: If this were possible, The eagles wingspan would mesh back into the body lines of the hood itself and flow back from the sides. 

Here's my retro interperetation of what the Golden Eagle may have looked like on an MJ. Personally, I think this would look good on an MJ. Quick and dirty, especially with the text.

uDtH9Nhl.jpg

I might do some more later. FYI: That's the 1990 that sold at Barrett-Jackson for $11,500 in 2013. Can't help but notice it's a 2WD.

If you like the golden eagle motif, I would suggest painting it to mimic it as suggested above without trying to make it look like a clone.

For example, where it says "Golden Eagle" on the side, change it to "Comanche" instead.  Then it will still look retro without being a copy job.  Otherwise, it may look like you are trying to paint a GTO Judge paint scheme on a Chevelle.

Couldn't resist doing a mockup of the GE real quick. Kudos to whomever owns this truck (google search)

Replaced the aftermarket chrome rims for something more stock looking. I think an MJ could look good this way if it were rocking 235s instead of 33+ tires, and a lot more chrome.   :hmm: The side striping is supposed to sweep up onto the hood, but with the MJ's body lines, having it follow them all the way down the sides would look better, IMO.

I definitely can't do this the proper justice it deserves.  :fool:  :yes: If this were possible, The eagles wingspan would mesh back into the body lines of the hood itself and flow back from the sides. 

Looks like a dead turkey buzzard laid out on the hood.

Looks like a dead turkey buzzard laid out on the hood.

That's why I don't dabble much in doing art on the computer. Always have been better when I can actually use something other than a mouse. :yes: