How Did You Mount Your Hi Lift Jack?

this location is probably of no real help to anyone, I just like to participate :yes:

I bolted it to the rollbar up under the spare.  not exactly easy to get to, but it's not something I use a lot so I don't mind.

here's a wider shot showing what you're looking at in the first:

very nice pete, i like that,

Redwolf

• 1 year later...

Its out of the way, no real loss of bed space.

12466762175_89c923d378_z.jpg

I like this idea, I might have to copy it. I currently lay mine across the front of the bed and zip tie it to the tie down loops in the corners. It's underneath my toolbox this way so it's somewhat protected from the elements. I used to leave it in the open all the time and the mechanism corroded enough that the jack quit working properly.

I planned to build brackets to carry mine with on my recent trip. After 30 min of looking everything over, I decided to just put it back in the corner of the garage and leave it. I have a aluminum floor jack that I bring with for tire changes. Also, everybody and their brother carries a dang hi lift so if you should need one on the trail for (???) you could just borrow one! The only time I've used mine is at home processing jeeps before they go for scrap.