79 J20.... Building The Diesel Truck Ive Always Wanted!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still picking at this here and there. Have redone all the brake lines and hoses as well as replaced the shifter seal in the transmission. Need to get the windsheild reinstalled in the cab and than hopefully work on sitting it to the frame in the coming weeks.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Going to try with the Dodge radiator. Probably will not mess with an intercooler at this time, since this era of Cummins was non intercooled to begin with.

I chose not to intercool my swap. It would have required a skinny, long intercooler like is found on a dodge neon. I decided it was simply easier to mount a Snow Performance water methanol injection kit to keep the EGTs lower than modify what was needed for an intercooler. The Snow Performance kit has many benefits and when towing I can definitely feel the difference in power when I toggle it on and off.

Your build will look very nice when finished. When your project is complete it would be cool to do a photo shoot with our trucks together.

• 2 years later...

Pick pick pick. Have had this project tucked safely in the garage now and tinker on it from time to time. Got the radiator relocated and mounted the other week as well as the inner fenders installed.

It resides in the back corner happy to be out of the elements.

20190112_114603.jpg

• 1 year later...