Blower Not Working!

So, my blower motor decided to stop working (just in time for winter). Fuse is good. Replaced it just in case.I even went through and cleaned all the grime out of the fuse block. Still doesn't work. Then I took the heater control assembly out of the dash and checked the connections. Aaaand still no luck. What are the chances it is actually the the blower motor that went bad? or is it more likely something else? any advice would be greatly appreciated as it is 20*F where I live right now and its impossible to drive without the blower working.

Take a test light and check for power at the plug. Super easy. Key has to be in the "On" (accessory?) or "Run" position. Plug for the blower is directly below the pressure bottle.

No power, problem elsewhere

Power, blower motor dun did dead.

I like this method.^^

Hotwire the blower to the battery just for a second to see if it kicks on. No spin, bad blower. Lotsa spin, bad resistor.

if the resistor is bad it should still work on high speed.

I am up in Canada and My Yj blower (same resistor principle) has been hot wired to a toggle switch for 3 years.....

Hotwire the blower to the battery just for a second to see if it kicks on. No spin, bad blower. Lotsa spin, bad resistor.

if the resistor is bad it should still work on high speed.

Depends on what went wrong with the resistor and what kind of car it is. I know that anything Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep for the past 15 years or so is that way but I haven't had the pleasure of diagnosing one of our 'Manches yet.

The resistor pack has three resistors, or different values. Full voltage runs the fan at full speed, and this will still function even if the resistor pack is blown. The resistors drop the voltage, causing the fan to run at reduced speeds. There's a thermal fuse in the pack, and that's what usually goes bad. But -- it's soldered in place, and there is no published procedure to repair a bad resistor pack. It's much easier to just replace it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have power at the plug, (i used a multimeter). AND, it appears the blower "dun did dead". The bottom vacuum hose came off of the motor and it sucked in a bunch of dirt and destroyed it. Thanks for all the help everyone!

At least all you need to do is pull the stupid fill bottle (even easier if you did the rad upgrade to open system when you put the new one in and elminated that thing) and take off those 3 nuts/screws holding it in. Usually 1/2 hour or less.