12" lift NEW pics

Ok trailered her back to the house last night from my friends house. Got a few more suspension and drivetrain things to complete then comes interior, body work, new paint...Being in the south i am lucky to have 3 MJ's with NO rust whatsoever..Here's some pics of it on the trailer this morning.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8" skyjacker with ACOS maxed out..36" TSL's....yeah the rust on the suspension stuff is surface where i havent painted yet and where the door meets the fender(hits) is the only other spot...New door and fender coming soon.

haha, I was just giving you a hard time, man! About that door/fender stuff... YUCK!!! JK JK!!

Ill be w/RE 7.5" coils and ACOS, don't know that I'll leave them maxed tho. But those 36's look perfect under there.

Any binding tests yet?

alright, i like it, BUT looking at your longarm makes me uneasy on 2 counts. first, why did you tie them into the stock crossmember? one real solid hit will bend them all to heck...you're good enough at metal fab. that you could have made a reinforced crossmember and had nothing to worry about.

second, with your longarms, why did you make the "towers" for the upper arm links so hi? that is gonna rob you of flex if I'm not mistaken?

I really like it, i just think you will run into trouble on the front end there...those towers look as though they will either hit your muffler, starter, or oil pan (possibly even bellhousing).

remember...this is a work in progress...the towers on the long arms are yet to be trimmed along with the trac bar tower...the trac bar needs to be lowered another 1" or so and then cut off..If it hits the oil pan the tires will be sticking out of the top of the hood...the towers on the long arm hit where the stock arm brackets drop off the unibody..cut one side off just havent done the other yet...and finally the stock crossmember will be beefed up this weekend..

A couple things...

Cut down the towers for the upper arms as far as you can. The joint doesn't flex there anyways, so clearance won't matter.

You're going to have to do more than beefing up the stock crossmember. I'd build a new one, if I was you... But, you need to work on the uniframe and how it mounts to it. It's not thick enough to hold that sort of stress.

Even if you drop your track bar, you will have bumpsteer. Just becuase of the length difference between the track bar and drag link. I'd probably just try it as is and see how bad it is.

Is that final tire size?

yes its the final tire size...when i beef the xmember i plan on wrappin the unibody with a U shaped piece of 1/4"...I can't lower the upper arm towers too much or I will be into the chunk on the front end(i removed steering knuckles and rotated chunk for driveline angle)..Also stress will not be as severe as this is not a rock crawler but more of a mudder and play toy. Otherwise I would not have lifted as much and would have cut the fenders. ;)

that track bar sure looks like something from a 3point hitch from TSC am I correct?

That's what it looks like to me. Go ahead and make one using high quality rodends, cause those tractor links get a lot of slop to them quickly.

• 2 weeks later...