• 2 weeks later...

Good to see this thing is still working as good as it looks! Honestly one of my favorite MJs out there.

O ya! Everything is pretty much going smooth.

Truck has now turned into the "haul all" truck and the tailgate and bed rails are getting kinda skinned up but mechanically, no problems!

And thanks!

Getting ready to start the 2nd cummins swap here soon!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Long time without an update. Still nothing really. Just thinking about new projects.

I'm kinda torn between 3 options for next spring...
(2nd Cummins swap is a bust and won't happen)

1. Budget Turbo my 90 2wd auto 4.0 sounds cool and fun

2. Build/turbo Bo's 5.2 4x4 lifted 4.56 mj, Black Betty sounds cool, expensive

3. Build a compound turbo set up on this Cummins mj like I was going to do on the 2nd Cummins swap in another mj... sounds fun and cool and I already have a 2nd turbo and motor just in case, shouldn't cost too much for the parts I need...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

How come the second Cummins swap is a bust?
I'm missing a main end cap and they are impossible to track down without buying whole motor so I'd have to have them machined, then them and the block line bored. That machine work will cost more than its worth. Plus the crank needs a key way machined in it also...

It needs a head gasket but I’m already into the truck for $1800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't need anymore projects lol.

If i can't get Cummins parts machined cheap, then I'm going to tune up/build the 5.2 in black betty when I get her in February. The stock 40hp over the 5.2 should be noticeable enough (I know neither engine makes stock power anymore)

I don't need anymore projects lol.

If i can't get Cummins parts machined cheap, then I'm going to tune up/build the 5.2 in black betty when I get her in February. The stock 40hp over the 5.2 should be noticeable enough (I know neither engine makes stock power anymore)

Me either. It was supposed to go into the Jeep pickup with J20 axles to haul a trailer with cars. It has the Wrong transmission for the AW4 conversion parts though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to be buying this intercooler kit within the next few weeks. Fit it behind the grill in front of the radiator. Have to do some minor trimming on each side of the radiator but shouldn't be a problem.

Thought about just an intercooler and using exhaust pipe for the piping but I figured up all the silicon fittings and clamps I'd need and this kit is way cheaper, even if I need to buy another fitting or piece of pipe.

This is the cheapest power boost for me right now. Not that the truck needs it, just trying different stuff.

And if it doesn't work, for whatever reason, it's all reversible and I can go back to stock. b12ebbcbef330e7dc752c6fc79575ff7.jpg

That is dirt cheap for an intercooler, piping, and the silly joints.  Hopefully the quality is decent enough that it doesn't just let you down.
Not sure if I'm going with this exact one. With it, I have to trim the back of the header panel for clearance. Might have to go with a shorter, bottom in/out style like I've seen in autocros XJs. But these intercoolers have good reviews...

• 5 weeks later...

Decided to do kill some rattles. Took my header panel off and put some foam tape stuff between it and the fender.
Then went to lunch at 8:00 Friday night and d idnt have headlights. Took it all apart again and d idnt find anything but lights work now ha.

230e2e0330238bc23e0edc42cdd9623f.jpg832a73b8c992e34c60b59817c854c0f3.jpgfb1960961008ecba4ea67ef6224cf5b6.jpgca6c0dc71ae5e03e3b6f548437d5d416.jpg0e255afe11e163b609fde2ffcb0cb9b3.jpg544ec76cade1fd2d0bc988041b81474c.jpg

Let us know if the foam tape helps with the rattles when you get the chance to test it.  Squeaks, rattles and the like is what I notice most when going from a 2 year old car to a 20 year old car of truck.

I do wonder about the long term performance of foam when it is compressed all the time.  Did you consider using felt?  But then, foam is available every where and regularly used for weather stripping.  So maybe I am worrying about nothing.

I also had a loose bolt that holds the headerto the fender. So it might not rattle at all now. Or might take a while for the engine to shake it loose again.
I just had this stuff sitting around from a bed cap my dad put on a Chevy. I have double sided trim tape between my grill and header. That killed some rattles.

I'm sure the foam will wear down right where the header and fender meet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...