Jeep 2500

This is on NAXJA about 49o8754209875 times, but for some reason never came up here.

I contacted a guy in Japan to hook me up with parts, and I was supposed to hook him up with parts so that I could convert my truck and he could fix his older Jeep, but he eventually backed out of the deal. I'm a lil sketchy about overseas business anyways, so I'm not too hurt about it.

My understanding is that this company builds a version of the Cherokee that has very lax tolerances, creating an unreliable vehicle that the doors may or may not line up on. Chrysler is not involved in the making of this Jeep.

And my Photoshop came out poorly so I won't embarrass myself posting it.

it's owned by diamler chrysler still. it's just a japanese export though.

No, it is NOT owned by DaimlerChrysler. Never was. It is majority owned by China, and DCX has about a 45% ownership stake. However, the partnership predates even Chrysler, going back to the AMC days. According to the gentleman who was the Director of International Sales a few years ago, the licensing agreement allows Beijing Jeep to sell anywhere in the world. When DCX was building Cherokees in the U.S. that was a non-issue, but now it seems entirely possible that if investors could be convinced to run this thing up, it would be completely possible to import these things to the U.S. and sell them through whatever dealerships (probably other than Mopar) would want to take them on.

They are NOT from Japan. They're Chinese, for Heaven's sake. And the technology is 95% straight American Jeep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...