Introducing Myself (And A Question)

Hi all,

First off, I want to introduce myself. My name's Joshua, and I live in San Jose, CA. Over Thanksgiving I went on a trip with a good friend, and Jeep Rubicon owner, to Death Valley. It was amazing. I decided I needed a rig of my own, and after doing some research, I fell in love with this:

http://www.expeditio...okee-Conversion

I flew to Utah on Friday to pick her up, after a brief, one-night stay in Vegas. :) The journey home was amazing and I am unashamed to admit that I am already madly in love with my new truck. However, I did encounter one minor inconvenience on the way back which leads me to my question.

While on the highway one of the vents, on the passenger side started to come loose and flap a little in the wind. I pulled over at the next exit and noticed that the fasteners appeared to be old and were not fitting snugly into the holes. Truth be told, I am pretty happy that my first problem is so easily fixable! BUT, I have no idea what the 'fasteners' are actually called or how to find out where I can buy new ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have linked below to a picture of my MJ from a fantastic angle and a couple of others that show the issue I am referring to.

Thanks guys! And thanks for having this forum.

https://plus.google.com/photos/117864870325430163469/albums/5822405816669585809?authkey=CLr8mtuShNK7cA

If you are talking about the cab vent behind the window,

I think those little push in connectors are in the Help! section at most parts stores.

I think the door panels use a similar push in connector.

Good luck & welcome to CC!

Oh and your link doesnt work.

Really? Which link? To the Google Plus photo album? I think I included the wrong link in my original post - I updated it with the correct one. Sorry about that.

Also, is there a way to host images directly in posts?

Oh and i ment to ask this earlier, how much did you end up paying for that work of art?

To be honest, I'm a little self-conscious because I think I overpaid, but at this point, after driving her back, I don't really care. I'm in love. :) I paid 9,300.

To be honest, I'm a little self-conscious because I think I overpaid, but at this point, after driving her back, I don't really care. I'm in love. :) I paid 9,300.

I don't think you were robbed blind, but he damn sure didnt give it away either. ;) Come to think of it, thats the most i've ever heard someone paying for their comanche, FWIW i payed $1000 for mine. :cheers:

I wonder, what do you get for the comanche that has everything? :hmm:

I don't think you were robbed blind, but he damn sure didnt give it away either. ;) Come to think of it, thats the most i've ever heard someone paying for their comanche, FWIW i payed $1000 for mine. :cheers:

I wonder, what do you get for the comanche that has everything? :hmm:

As long as you let me play with you guys, I don't mind being the fool in the group. :doh: :yes:

As long as you let me play with you guys, I don't mind being the fool in the group. :doh: :yes:

You're not the fool at all, although some of the responses you received were from fools. Congrats on what I consider a very sensible purchase. It's a very tastefully done super clean rust free MJ created from an ordinary Renix to a fully modernized OBDII 97+ custom. The builder did a fine job and though it's impossible to know the quality of the electrical and mechanicals (time will tell), judging by the appearance it was well thought out and executed by someone who was a perfectionist and really cared about the final product, and I think had no original intention of selling it during the build. That's all you can ask for, and to build this rig would have cost a lot more and tons of hours. You did good mate. :cheers:

^^^^ this. Cause a bone stock one sold on ebay in the last month for 7200 bucks. So.. i don't think this was bad pricing at all. As the trucks get rarer youre gonna see some wild prices me thinks.

Just think... vw buses.... i used to get them for free... and you couldnt GIVE them away in the last 80s early 90s. Now several have gone for 250k on barret jackson.

Trust me... none of us ever saw these days coming. My current bus is worth 15k and 15 years ago i would have sold it for 2500.

The reality of this hit me when all state did the insurance quote for my truck. She typed it up on the screen and she goes... what do you think the current value is.... i guess 1500. She hits enter and goes.... oh wow... and looks surprised... leans in and reads for a moment and goes... well in average condition its 6200 right now.

And thats what its covered for. i went.... :yes:

Nice truck - I think you got the better part of the transaction - The commentators for Mecum & barrett Jackson say over & over that turn keys are the best deal - - Can't go wrong buying quality at a decent price esp 4 those of us who can't r dislike the wrenching/resto thing - - - - Anyway, enuff stating the obvious - - NiceTruck! - - - PM me if you ever lose your mind & wanna sell.

:thumbsup:

Great truck...I don't think you overspent. I have more than that in my 88' and I still have the original 4.0 liter renix in it (probably 280,000 ish miles on it).

Mine is in the paint shop has been almost a month now.... I am dying to get it back to see how close it now is to the same color yours is.

pay attention to everyone's comments on "be careful of how addictive they are" don't ask me ....ask my wife..

POST MORE PICS!